• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

gaining weight

lone bugler

Inactive
Reaction score
hi, right now and I'm relatively fit. i do cardio 3 times a week on a stationary bike and sometime i jog. i can do about 30-40 push ups, 30-40 situps and about 10 pull-ups.

My question is weather i should gain some weight, i know rucksacks can weigh up to 100lbs and a person like me only weighing 130 lbs and 5'6 might have trouble with it, is this a good idea? and if it is how should i go about doing it?

You'll be fine. Sounds like you're in good shape. I was a whooping 118lbs when I hit Cornwallis just shy 4 weeks of my 18th b-day. Left there at about 130. Left battle school at 140.  'Course 26 years later...ain't 140 no more  :-[    ;D

If your heavier, you'll have to add it to what you carry.

Don't get too bulky. Lots of persons are lifting weight and getting huge,....they are a liability in the field,,,they need to eat every 3-4 hours.....

I'm stuck at around 155 to 160 pounds for years now - I do exercise several times a week so that might explain why. You will gain weight don't worry about that, simply make sure you stay on top of it.

bugler - you sound like you're just about right to get things started.
Recruit school will combine physical training with adequate rations for you to build up muscle mass on a gradual basis.

Don't sweat it!

Back