• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

From Winnipeg to Shilo

A

Andrew

Can someone tell me if the 2nd bat. PPCLI are still going to be moved to Shilo? The last I heard on the news is that it was getting bumped back a couple of years because of 9-11.
I am a civilian from winnipeg and almost everyone I have talked to hates this move. We have grown to love having them here. And also the plans if they move are to put an Indian Reserve on that property which would really suck. What would the pro‘s and con‘s of the move be? I don‘t understand why they are going

Andrew :cdn:

soon to be a proud member of the CF

Best reasons for moving 2PPCLI is to get closer to a training area and to cut costs. This has been talked about for years - I was around when the destination was Wainwright. Shilo was on the chopping block then.

Problem with a very small military in a very large country is how to group the military tightly for effective cost-control and training, while dispersing it for immediate availability for operations.

If we had a larger, more effective reserve, then we wouldn‘t need to worry about dispersing the reg force for operational/presence/political purposes.

Back