• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Fresh out of BMQ, reporting to Halifax Jan 12.

si arn

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys, I figure I could post this, perhaps cause a couple less headache's on the 12th.

So I am to report to Steward training on Jan 12 in Halifax.
I booked a flight to be in Halifax around 1pm on the 11th.

Should I go straight to the base and try to arrange my lodging that afternoon?  Or should I just hotel it and figure that out on the 12th.
I plan on wearing my #1s and be where I am SUPPOSED to be.. LOL at like 7:40am.

NOW, any ideas on how to find out which building I am supposed to be going too, OR, which floor or whatnot..

Any tips or solid info would be much appreciated!  Thank you.

You should report right away to Atlantic Block Accommodations.  Most cabs will be able to take you directly there.  Just ask for A-Block in Stadacona.  I would have tried to get my flight for the tenth.  I like to enjoy a night on the town before I start my courses.  And the extra time couldn't hurt for someone who isn't familiar with the area.

I'm not sure exactly where you report for Steward training, but the duty MS/PO2 should be able to point you in right direction.  Again, not sure about Steward training, but I've always reported for course in my "Salt & Peppers".

Good luck.

As for where to report, the link below might be of assistance.  Looks legit to me.

http://www.stewardsonline.com/Stwddivision.html

Regards,

MARS

MARS said:
As for where to report, the link below might be of assistance.  Looks legit to me.

http://www.stewardsonline.com/Stwddivision.html

Regards,

MARS

I like how they made their own website... it shows that their people have a lot of pride in the trade, plus showcasing their own peoples accomplishments. And useful to new people entering the trade... kind of like this. I've seen a few other trades with websites... it's a good idea IMHO.

Jaydub sums it up nicely and I agree that you will probably find yourself very rushed when you report in if you leave everything to the last minute.

Thank you VERY much for the replies and that link!

OK, so yes straight too A-Block in Stadacona off the plane.  Then I will go to the office location stated on that website for 7:40am the next morning..to start anyway.

NOW, I SURELY will report in the "salt and peppers" on the 12th...  BUT

what shall I wear for arriving on the 11th to the accommodations?  Is civies customary or should that be #1's as well?

Thanks again you guys have been helpful!

I generally report to accommodations in whatever rig I am wearing on the plane.  I also tend to go directly from the airport to the block after a 10-hour flight, so I am less than fresh when I arrive and generally in a flight-induced bad mood (I am not a fan of flying).

si arn said:
what shall I wear for arriving on the 11th to the accommodations?  Is civies customary or should that be #1's as well?
Wear your civies, since that is likely how you have been flying unless using service air.  Most folks wear civilian attire on civilian flights.  Your joining instructions should have mentioned dress for the first day (eg. photos etc) as well as dress of the day, you might want to check them.

I noticed you said you are gone to Halifax for Steward training......is that just recent? this year 2011. Is that were all you guys go for steward training or can there be somewhere else?

Back