• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

French Canadian magazine shares photo essay of Canadians in AFG

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
I eagerly await similar coverage from other Canadian outlets ....
http://www2.lactualite.com/multimedia/photoreportage/afghanistan-lautre-mission-des-troupes-canadiennes/

This one of an Afghan military literacy class is interesting
afghanistan-canada-2.jpg

Note the lads in the corner apparently fully kitted up "just in case"

milnews.ca said:
My eye immediately went to that.  I have not had the chance to talk to anyone on the current trg so I'm not sure what the reasoning behind that is.  SOP perhaps for all trg involving the ANA?  My imagination can conjure something up based on my experiences overseas, but I'd rather get the straight goods.  If the information isn't forthcoming I understand it might be an OPSEC issue due to force protection measures.

Canadian.Trucker said:
My eye immediately went to that.  I have not had the chance to talk to anyone on the current trg so I'm not sure what the reasoning behind that is.  SOP perhaps for all trg involving the ANA?  My imagination can conjure something up based on my experiences overseas, but I'd rather get the straight goods.  If the information isn't forthcoming I understand it might be an OPSEC issue due to force protection measures.
Good point - I'm only guessing from open source media reports.

Canadian.Trucker said:

PM sent

Dudes need to stop hanging their BEW case off the top of their tacvest.

milnews.ca said:

Oh I don't know I've been to a few literacy classes in Regent Park where I wished I had body armour and a fully automatic weapon. 8)

milnews.ca said:
French magazine shares photo essay of Canadians in AFG

Actually, it is not a French magazine; it is a Canadian magazine. In French.

Canadian.Trucker said:

Do a google search for "Guardian Angel Afghanistan" - numerous articles pop up dealing with the Green on Blues that occured last August.

The fourth photo in the  article series looks a bit more on track for a guardian angel.  The photo referenced at the begining of this thread looks more of a bunch of dudes just wondered into a class for a visit - none of them appear to vigilant but then again their guardian angel could be off camera.

Jungle said:
Actually, it is not a French magazine; it is a Canadian magazine. In French.
Good point - will change headline.

Thanks.

Back