• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Fight 2005 (MMA)

Gouki

Inactive
Reaction score
I know only a select few of us are interested in MMA but wanted to post this to make sure it wasn't missed by said party.

On TSN lately (apparently on weekly basis) Freedom Fight 2005 is shown. Sometimes around midnight or 2:30am (like it is now here). It's USA vs CANADA and the matches are very, very good (some very surprising). Won't spoil who wins it in case no one has caught it yet. One of the Canadian fighters - I can't even spell his name it's Polish, had to lose -28- freaking pounds in a single day in order to compete. I thought it was nuts when Bobby had to lose 20 in TUF but this takes the cake.

Anyone see it yet? I was surprised to see Tito Ortiz as the US Captain, but I suppose he's taking anyone that will take him up after his falling out with the UFC.

Shortbus, if you in particular haven't seen this yet I'm going to fly over there and run you over with a truck (because you'd probably kick my ass otherwise).

Saw it a while back. I hope they get this thing going annually, it can only help to bring up the game of the Canadian fighters. Disappointed in Big Daddy, sounds like he wasn't much help to his fighters.

Shame I'll miss most of them...

Anyhow rumor has there's some TUF related thing on Spike this saturday...Anyone have details? I have a few days off between courses and as far as life on civie street goes, I am right the fuck out of'err.

Yep, you are talking about Fight Night. Details here: http://www.spiketv.com/shows/series/fightnight/

Also recently Spike has been airing other random UFC fights: http://www.spiketv.com/shows/series/unleashed/

Yeah I saw the beatdown Leben gave Thacker last night, talk about disappointing! Maybe he should have focused more on his fighting skills instead of showing up at the fight with 20 lbs more muscle

I just returned from a camping trip at Muskoka, Algonquin and Pembroke/Petawawa, so hopefully I'll catch the tail end of them and some re-runs. I think the hang-overs just built up as the morning baileys and evening "crawlers" shrugged em off for me. Now I dont feel all that great...  ::) ;D

I caught a fight on TSN out of Quebec several weeks ago though. Pretty Intermediate, but Im yet to see a fight that didnt entertain me.

How did Quarry hold out? Totally dominate or did he play things a little more reserved than expected?

EDIT: I caught it tonight at 9pm ET. Excellent, I feel like a giddy school girl at the thought of the sport and its rapid growth.

Back