• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

I’ve received a number of polling calls, don’t sure I’ve ever actually sat through a set of questions.
Where do you live? curious as to if the polling is done across the board or specific demographics. Angus Reid was found to be leading questions and providing false information in more then a few of their polls supporting the liberal governments agendas.

Even consumer testing.

As far as they are concerned, anyone over 65 can shove off on an ice flow.

You can sign up to become a tester if:

check.jpg
You are between the ages of 18-65

I get surveys through a set-up that awards me Petro Point (PetroCanada). You get a small number of points if you respond but don't match the profile they are looking for. Usually, a couple of questions in about about age, gender, etc. and I'm rejected.

jt is a tyrant who medals in things he should not and orders people to do things they should not. When he does not get his way he stomps his feet and tries to fire them or actually does.

MOD POST

Easy with the "tyrant" calling. Fairly elected in a democratic country does not make one a "tyrant".

Consider this a wrist slap and an invitation to stay in the adult conversation here.

Thank you,
Bruce

MOD POST

Easy with the "tyrant" calling. Fairly elected in a democratic country does not make one a "tyrant".

Consider this a wrist slap and an invitation to stay in the adult conversation here.

Thank you,
Bruce
I guess "tyrant" was offensive and was the wrong word to use. "controlling, manipulative, condescending, misleading" are better descriptors of his person like descriptors

jt is a tyrant who medals in things he should not and orders people to do things they should not. When he does not get his way he stomps his feet and tries to fire them or actually does.
PM JT is a lying (he has been caught doing it) and incompetent (not knowing his boundaries or the extent of his power) fool. Yes fairly elected in a MINORITY government.

As I reflect on this sacred day, I think that @childs56 should be allowed to call JT tyrant. The word tyrant isn't in itself a derogatory term, and I'm sure there have been plenty of actual tyrants who were democratically elected. So, we shouldn't take away his right to call JT a tyrant... Just know I still think anyone who legitimately believes JT fits the definition of Tyrany is either a complete idiot or extemely blinded by privilege.

As I reflect on this sacred day, I think that @childs56 should be allowed to call JT tyrant. The word tyrant isn't in itself a derogatory term, and I'm sure there have been plenty of actual tyrants who were democratically elected. So, we shouldn't take away his right to call JT a tyrant... Just know I still think anyone who legitimately believes JT fits the definition of Tyrany is either a complete idiot or extemely blinded by privilege.
He can say it all he wants, no one will stop him.........but just not on this private platform where we try our best to enforce rules of decorum.

It's a description for a ruler that is unfettered by law with absolute power. It's a very derogatory term for an elected ruler in a democratic society (and incredibly inaccurate).

People that think any of our PMs are tyrants need a reality check on what living under an autocracy is like and may want to move to Russia or China.

More to the point, the politics sub forums here have occasionally turned into cesspools when the name calling and rancor went unconstrained. Hence the admin team putting in tighter constraints on what’s permitted in terms of mud slinging and name calling.

The beginnings of failure are often supported by those who chose to look the other way.
JT has been caught lying, misleading, covering up, passing responsibility for his actions, praising the Chinese dictatorship, using the most extreme measure to quell protesters he did not like, taking a knee with one protest group while trying to call the army in on another is something else. His apologies are so sincere I am moved.
His inability to take responsibility for his actions and words is astounding. Those who blindly support him are amazing, he has bankrupted Canada people support him, he lies people support him. He tells us "people experience things differently" people support him.
A leader of Canada who praises the Chinese dictatorship and they way they can get things done should be very worrying. But to his supporters it is not.

The man ran and hid when the fringe minority that he said was nothing went to Ottawa. Other Politicians walked among the protesters. He ignored the terrorist attacks on the Coastal Gas Link project in BC while having the Emergency Act in place and enacted. RCMP Officers had to make their way through a booby trapped road to reach the site. Yet he was silent and did not protect Canadian Critical Infrastructure as he swore was the reason for enacting the EMA. Silence from him and his party.

Blindly looking the other way does no one any good.

While we're on the topic of decorum, how about we, as adults, attempting to have an adult discussion, refrain from calling out the appearance, speaking voice, etc. of public officials, or anyone for that matter. Dislike their politics or what they say all day long, but denigrating things someone has virtually no control over belongs in the school yard. People were rightly called out for commenting on Chretien's palsy, and called out Trump for mocking somebody who had a neuromuscular disorder.

I see what you did there.

I had a MCpl do something similar to a BSupO once.

I see what you did there.

I had a MCpl do something similar to a BSupO once.
What did I do?

I think anyone who legitimately thinks trudeau is a tyrant is an idiot, but I think even idiots deserve to be heated, and I do not think that child56's point of view is worth of for la censure, so I spoke up that he should be allowed to sya JT is a tyrant.

I wasn't trying to be coy....

Apparently it didn’t dawn on RCMP Commissioner Lucki at the time immediately prior to the PM and senior Cabinet’s Incident Response Group (IRG) assessing final decision to enact or not the Emergencies Act, that they (PM’s IRG) might wish to be informed that Ottawa Police leadership told her that they had a plan to resolve the situation that did not require the EA…

“[Lucki] I suppose in hindsight…”

Apparently it didn’t dawn on RCMP Commissioner Lucki at the time immediately prior to the PM and senior Cabinet’s Incident Response Group (IRG) assessing final decision to enact or not the Emergencies Act, that they (PM’s IRG) might wish to be informed that Ottawa Police leadership told her that they had a plan to resolve the situation that did not require the EA…

And this… no big deal I guess.

"Look! Look over there! All those white nationalists in the CAF! There's the thing to be worried about, not us."

Back