• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

I don't listen to groups that
Not a very science based approach to examining an argument or point of view.

Still, you're happy to listen to someone who sexually assaulted a woman, had multiple ethics violations as world leader, weaponizes calling people Nazis to further his own agenda (Putin), openly admires a dictatorship (and appears to hide that countries interference in ours), behaviors (invoking the EA) which shocked intellectuals and rights advocates the world over.

I don't think 1 MP is going to change the direction of the party.
An MP for Papineau did.

What were the excuses for not listening to Lightbound again?

Worry less about extremists than the moderates who, by their incompetence or arrogance or greed or whatever, create the ponds in which extremists swim.
Very true, but harder to deal with quickly - just because you're draining the stagnant water, or cleaning it up/improving it, doesn't mean you just ignore the mosquitoes still around. It's the balance that's important, though, where maybe a nuke shouldn't be the first weapon of choice against the mosquitoes?

Not a very science based approach to examining an argument or point of view.
It's very science based.

The closer to extremistism and islamaphobia a party is the less I listen to those in said parties.
Still, you're happy to listen to someone who sexually assaulted a woman, had multiple ethics violations as world leader, weaponizes calling people Nazis to further his own agenda (Putin), openly admires a dictatorship (and appears to hide that countries interference in ours), behaviors (invoking the EA) which shocked intellectuals and rights advocates the world over.
Yup.
An MP for Papineau did.

What were the excuses for not listening to Lightbound again?
Lightbound has his point of view, people can agree with it or not. It appears that others did listen to him respectfully. I don't think he was disparaged or kicked from caucus.

It's very science based.
One of those 'the science is settled' situations.

The closer to extremistism and islamaphobia a party is the less I listen to those in said parties.
Islamaphobia specifically or a prejudice against all religions? It seems to me like the LPC is quick to condemn Islamaphobia (rightly so, even though it ridiculously includes simple criticism) but seems a little less inclined to defend Christian beliefs, don't you think?

Besides, why did those EU leaders bring up the protests anyways? It seems like a random thing to throw at the Canadian PM who was talking about aid for Ukraine.

Lightbound has his point of view, people can agree with it or not. It appears that others did listen to him respectfully. I don't think he was disparaged or kicked from caucus.
I guess it remains to be seen how high he rises now.

Last edited:
One of those 'the science is settled' situations.
Its settled to me. Dont listen to german nazi sympathizers
Islamaphobia specifically or a prejudice against all religions? It seems to me like the LPC is quick to condemn Islamaphobia (rightly so, even though it ridiculously includes simple criticism) but seems a little less inclined to defend Christian beliefs, don't you think?
ADF is Islamaphobic, full stop. So I dont care what their Member of parliament says.
Besides, why did those EU leaders bring up the protests anyways? It seems like a random thing to throw at the Canadian PM who was talking about aid for Ukraine.
No leader said anything. MEP are members of parliament. With PR, those on the extreme left and right get into parliament. (A very good argument against PR right here). So no leader brought up the protest, individual Members of the European parliament hailing from extremist parties who think vaccines mandates are capital punishment brought up the protests.

And its nice to see that a particular segment of the media bought it hook line and sinker.
I guess it remains to be seen how high he rises now.
Yup.

Too bad the Canadian Right have walked into a 'Trudeau Trap'.

Now he looks like a 'decisive wartime leader ', able to make the tough decisions and push people around a bit as needed instead of being ignored.

Thanks Guys, thanks alot....

Canadian media ignores scolding of Trudeau while rest of world reports it​

Too bad the Canadian Right have walked into a 'Trudeau Trap'.

Now he looks like a 'decisive wartime leader ', able to make the tough decisions and push people around a bit as needed instead of being ignored.

Thanks Guys, thanks alot....

Canadian media ignores scolding of Trudeau while rest of world reports it​

Legacy media probably decided to ignore those who say covid mandates are akin to the death penalty.

I wish people here wouldnt be siding with those who think covid mandates are akin to the death penalty or people from political parties that think germany is too hard on poor ole Adolf Hitler, but I know that would be asking for too much.

German MEP Christine Andersen not mincing her words…

When you start to drink your own bath water, you look like a hero in the mirror…
So, I strongly dislike Trudeau as much as the next person…

…but tell me why I should care what the European equivalent to Elizabeth May and Maxime Bernier think. I don’t think most other Europeans care either for that matter.

So, I strongly dislike Trudeau as much as the next person…

…but tell me why I should care what the European equivalent to Elizabeth May and Maxime Bernier think. I don’t think most other Europeans care either for that matter.
You don’t have to at all.

That’s the beauty of being Canadian. There is no need to think of, or care about what others think of us, it’s only what we think of ourselves, that counts. 👍🏼

I don't listen to groups that openly embrace Islamophobia and want to look at the Nazi era in a less negative light. A party German courts call a open threat to democracy. Its like listening to the KKK. Would you?

If people want to post what those people say, I don't much care.

I don't give a damn what someone from the ADF has to say.

I don't think 1 MP is going to change the direction of the party.
Ah so you're the kind of person that says everyone affiliated to a political view you don't like is on par with the KKK

That's like a conservative saying everyone affiliated to a political view they don't like is on par with Communists

Both very low IQ beliefs that can be seen from the politically biased on both sides. Top tier cringe, please be more open minded to either sides views rather than going "UHHH THEY LIKE KKK" or "UHHH THEY COMMUNISTS".

Are you calling the 13% of Germans that voted for a right-wing party Nazis? Jesus.

This is coming from someone who has never voted right wing in my life: You're crazy and need to stop calling massive political parties 'extremists'. Be more respectful to all democratic parties and their voting block and stop ripping the seams off of Western Democracy for your own political biases that many of us couldn't give less of a care about.

I request that you stop calling Western political parties 'the KKK' or whatnot due to your political biases in an attempt to stifle debate.

Ah so you're the kind of person that says everyone affiliated to a political view you don't like is on par with the KKK

That's like a conservative saying everyone affiliated to a political view they don't like is on par with Communists

Both very low IQ beliefs that can be seen from the politically biased on both sides. Top tier cringe, please be more open minded to either sides views rather than going "UHHH THEY LIKE KKK" or "UHHH THEY COMMUNISTS".

Are you calling the 13% of Germans that voted for a right-wing party Nazis? Jesus.

This is coming from someone who has never voted right wing in my life: You're crazy and need to stop calling massive political parties 'extremists'. Be more respectful to all democratic parties and their voting block and stop ripping the seams off of Western Democracy for your own political biases that many of us couldn't give less of a care about.
I believe he said the ADF is on par with the KKK. It’s an extreme right wing party. Something Germany still has and is contending with.

He also didn’t say that 13% of Germans who voted for right wing parties were Nazis.

There are extremes on both sides of the spectrum. Some of them have political wings to achieve their aims. There is nothing wrong with calling them out.

Go read up on them. From I’ve seen they are pro Russia, and very much historical revisionists that want to return to Germany in the 30s and 40s as far as nationalism is concerned.

Not sure I would want champion this group even if they criticize Trudeau. Bad trade.

You don’t have to at all.

That’s the beauty of being Canadian. There is no need to think of, or care about what others think of us, it’s only what we think of ourselves, that counts. 👍🏼

So, just like our southern neighbours neighbors.

Go read up on them. From I’ve seen they are pro Russia, and very much historical revisionists that want to return to Germany in the 30s and 40s as far as nationalism is concerned.

Not sure I would want champion this group even if they criticize Trudeau. Bad trade.

I don't follow German party politics. I did read up on "them". Just want to confirm if "Alternative for Germany" is the party being referred to?

If so, they do not seem particularly sensitive to the memories of victims of the Holocaust.

If not, sorry for the misunderstanding.

I don't follow German party politics. I did read up on "them". Just want to confirm if "Alternative for Germany" is the party being referred to?

If so, they do not seem particularly sensitive to the memories of victims of the Holocaust.

I believe that is the party in question.

So, just like our southern neighbours neighbors.
Actually, since they want to see their currency remain the de facto world trade standard, they actually do assess what others think of them, such as it affects their hegemonic and economic power.

For Canada, ‘hegemony’ and ‘economic influencer’ aren’t words/phrases that in any way affect how good our own bath water tastes to us.

We THINK we’re awesome, so we ARE awesome!

No, thats them.

Vaccines are murder, Hitler wasnt that bad, muslims will kill german culture, those folks said mean words to Trudeau.

And certain...segments, of the canadian media ecosystem ate it up that those from parties that think Adolf Hitler got a bad rap spoke up against Trudeau thus the whole European parliament must be in lockstep. What those media sites fail to consider is that with PR every extremist viewpoint gets to be represented in the european parliament and out of 705 members of the european these (insert banable descriptive words here) make up 64 from across all countries, 9 AFD members from Germany.

If Canada had PR the greens would likely have a half dozen MPs as well, that would not make Elizabeth may the consensus voice of the HoC.

But no. Instead we have people here defending the AFD, again, people who openly hate muslims, and defend Adolf Hitler, all because they spoke ill of Trudeau.

Enemy of my enemy is my friend? I guess that leads one to side with muslim hating, Adolf Hitler apologists every now and again.

Its settled to me. Dont listen to german nazi sympathizers
Are they legit nazi sympathizers? What did they say exactly? Genuinely curious here.

Altair said:
ADF is Islamaphobic, full stop. So I dont care what their Member of parliament says.
I've heard that word thrown around often, especially by the LPC. I'd have to see the context to make an informed decision.

ALTAIR said:
No leader said anything. MEP are members of parliament.

Elected members of a Parliament aren't leaders? Let's say I'm wrong with my terminology, they're still elected members of a Parliament.

Significant enough I'd think.

But why did they even bring it up when the topic was aid for Ukraine?

Because of Trudeaus ego.

He sees a fellow actor turn politician being hailed as a hero and icon of freedom and bravery and he wants some of that pie. He tries to inject his own experience dealing with terrifying violent extremists for some street cred.

It backfired and he got called out.

AfD isn't the only source of politicians critical of Trudeau. So far none of the strong critics I've read is admirable. But focusing on the AfD critic to play guilt-by-association is taking the chickensh!t way out. Trudeau also drew enough muted criticism from moderates to suggest he overreacted, in the judgement of his peers other than Canadian opposition parties.

Again, more AfD - or more Trump, or more Freedom Convoy, or more Jan 06 - is the kind of thing you get when the moderates start believing they can pick and choose between constituents they want to support, and constituents they want to marginalize, ridicule, alienate, and persecute.

Back