• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

'Where is the olive branch?' Candice Bergen blasts Trudeau government's approach to Ottawa protesters

Freeland replied that her hearing was fine and she clearly heard remarks by her Liberal colleague, MP Greg Fergus, who she said explained how it feels for Black Canadians to see swastikas and confederate flags in the nation’s capital.

When pressured, play the cards you know.

Some more data on support for the protest.

I have it on good authority that the truckers have vast support and that 98.13 percent of Canadians polled want Trudeau to resign.

'Where is the olive branch?' Candice Bergen blasts Trudeau government's approach to Ottawa protesters

When pressured, play the cards you know.
At this stage they can't play another card, if they started talking to the protestors they would be forced to answer for their previous statements.

At this stage they can't play another card, if they started talking to the protestors they would be forced to answer for their previous statements.
The truckers were a disorganized mess. I ask again who were they going to talk to? The three current voices are non starters.

"The protest is small and inconsequential. Why don't they just roll over and die?"

"The protest is horrible and catastrophic and must end immediately."

FFS, choose one.
Or option 3:

The protest is small in numbers, but loud in volume. It is inconsequential as it isn't changing anyone's views on the matter or driving any meaningful change. So, it must end immediately because it's just wasting everyone's time.

Another great example of inaction by the government.

Strangely I don't recall the police suggesting employing the military-I wonder what the difference was.
The RCMP have decades of experience dealing with aboriginal issues. Not always good mind you.

The RCMP has as a bigger PR and PA section to call on.

Sloly is a local police chief with his hands full.

That being said Marylyn Gladu called on the army to act back then.

So, as far as I can see. The LPC wasn’t going to call I. The military then. They appear not to be wanting to do that now.

The CPC though wanted military action then but not now. Right. I get that people think Trudeau is a two faced liar but the CPC is showing nothing but partisan hypocrisy and have very little to stand on in this regard.

The RCMP have decades of experience dealing with aboriginal issues. Not always good mind you.

The RCMP has as a bigger PR and PA section to call on.

Sloly is a local police chief with his hands full.

That being said Marylyn Gladu called on the army to act back then.

So, as far as I can see. The LPC wasn’t going to call I. The military then. They appear not to be wanting to do that now.

The CPC though wanted military action then but not now. Right. I get that people think Trudeau is a two faced liar but the CPC is showing nothing but partisan hypocrisy and have very little to stand on in this regard.
Well, other than the CPC not gaslighting First Nations protesters as racist, homophobic Nazis…

I mean, I just find it funny how some very influential people in the CPC were very opposed to the first nations blockade but are fully supportive of the ottawa protest.

You're pointing out a great example of typical politician hypocrisy.

LPC, CPC, and the rest are all cut from the same cloth when it comes to this stuff.

You're pointing out a great example of typical politician hypocrisy.

LPC, CPC, and the rest are all cut from the same cloth when it comes to this stuff.
You're right.

Just so long as everyone realizes they are all covered in muck and stop presenting it like it's just the LPC.

Or option 4: the protest is inconsequential for its proximate aims, but is broadly consequential because it shifts the preference window for how people feel about things; and the longer it persists, the more the window shifts. And that worries the people "in charge".

Government and various interested parties have deployed a lot of air and paper to try and discredit/deflate the protest, and failed. What really scares them is loss of control of the story*.

*Tangentially: as human affairs become more complex, at some point the complexity should be expected to exceed the capabilities of the people who claim to run those affairs, and they will be reduced to simply trying to control the narrative about how well things are running. We could be in the middle of that tipping period right now.

Back