• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Franko started this dammit.

For fast food it would have to be subway. Ya can‘t beat sweet onion chicken teriyaki (sp) .

But if I‘m just lookin for a load of grease...can‘t go wrong with a big mac.

On a related topic did anyone hear about how McDonalds are changing the name of their supersize fries to large? Appearently it has something to do with their healthy living campaign - or some such ****. Anywhere there is absolutely no difference in the serving just the name. I tell ya those people must be the smartest people in the world.

This is for the people that have been in or are living in Halifax. Has anyone been to John‘s Seafood on the Dartmouth side of the bridge, best beer battered fish n‘ chips w/battered clams ever! I go there everytime I‘m over there practically, mmmmmmmm...

Ugh.. looking at all of these posts while suffering from stomach flu isn‘t a good idea.
Just imagining the grease and fat makes me want to hurl....
I NEED MY CARROT STICKS!!

Try soda biscuits or unbuttered toast for the stomach flu - they‘re easier to digest.

re: Super-size re-naming - Ya gotta luv MacDonald‘s, eh? Their advertising execs are almost as good as the federal Liberal Party‘s spin doctors‘s ... (grrr ... using "sponsorship" instead of "pork barrel" - a stroke of genius)

I thought that MCd‘s was eliminating the supersize alltogether, so that large was the largest size?

As for poutine, it‘s a difficult call as to who has the best. I hate to say it but, I‘ve eaten alot of poutine, and some of the best poutine I‘ve had has been from Harvey‘s.

Ugh Rotten Ronnies (McD) can‘t stand that place, it rots out my insides everytime I eat their! BK more ugh. Flame Broiled my butt, has anyone ever seen a grill in any of their joints? anyone? Wendy‘s more of the same. KFC I worked their for 2 months in highschool, and after that I did not eat it for 2 years, it is gross and I always get food poisoning. Now what I like. #1 Licks Homeburgers (umm homeburgerssss, yum), #2 Harvey‘s burgers (they are all pretty much the same) #3 Subway sandwiches, and #4 any greasy spoon that uses a grill for their burgers is top notch in my books.

Ooops - Che is right - I saw an article that said they were only eliminating the name "Supersize", but after checking the wire services it appears they‘re actually eliminating the size.
Meanwhile, shares went up four cents that day ...

Deluxe French Fries has the best fish ‘n chips going...too bad they are overpriced, and in the maritimes. :(

Regards

Originally posted by Lexi:
[qb] Well, I still say,

ROCK ON, TIMMIES!
:blotto: [/qb]
I heard on the radio that Timmies has the lowest concentration of caffiene in their coffee...Starbucks has the highest.

I gotta Agree.. John‘s Lunch in dartmouth has to be the best Fish and chips around. Dammmit I want some now. Next weekend When im in the Darkside, after the shooting match i‘ll get some.

Originally posted by Slim:
[qb]
Originally posted by Lexi:
[qb] Well, I still say,

ROCK ON, TIMMIES!
:blotto: [/qb]
I heard on the radio that Timmies has the lowest concentration of caffiene in their coffee...Starbucks has the highest. [/qb]
Nobody asked you.. Sheesh :p

I heard on the radio that Timmies has the lowest concentration of caffiene in their coffee...Starbucks has the highest.
Are we really even sure that stuff Timmies puts out is really coffee? It is black, yes..... but so is motor oil.

I could end up getting so much shyte thrown at me for this, ut I tell ya Tim Hortons coffee is not fit to drink it tastes more like battery acid then good ol caffine.

bossi said:
Ooops - Che is right - I saw an article that said they were only eliminating the name "Supersize", but after checking the wire services it appears they‘re actually eliminating the size.
Meanwhile, shares went up four cents that day ...
Whenever I went to Rotten Ronnie's, (never again, after watching 'SuperSize Me'), and I said that I wanted a supersize fry, they would say to the ppl in the back 'one large fry'.

There is actually no 'official' large size fry, there is the small, the medium, and the SS.

If they say that they are eliminating the SS, that probably just means that they are 'eliminating' *wink, wink, nudge nudge* and creating a large fry in it's place.

It's kinda the same thing as how they got around the '100% Pure Beef' thing.

As for the fav. Joint, I would have to agree with the boys at the beginning, Weber's Rules. Mmmm, Charcoal Cooked goodness, aahhhhhhhh......
that and the fact that I used to love meeting friends from the states up there on the way to the cottage every summer.

Cheers

Geesh....I thought this one died a long time ago.....

But I concur with Bruce....tea...Earl Gray...hot.

Regards

My "CARE" packages from home always contain a package or two of King Cole tea. I've even got my wife hooked. If she doesn't get her cup of tea after supper - watch out!! 

Back