• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Frag vest and Tactical Vest

Spazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey, I was just wondering. Looking at pictures and videos on the government site and so on, I've noticed that soldiers either wear a Frag vest (usually when on operations) or a Tactical vest. But do they ever wear them together? I mean wouldn't they have to, because the tactical vest is to hold all of there equipment (replacing the webbing i believe) and the frag vest protects them from, well, fragments and bullets and what not. I also wonder this because it looks like there are no pouches on the frag vest to store things. Just curious  ??? , thanks

Search...

It has all been done before.

hmm, ya sorry tried that. Then after you told me to search i tried again. If you could give me a link that would be great. Thanks

I typed in "VEST" and found 14 pages of threads on different Tac Vests, Frag Vests, etc.  Which link would you like me to provide you?  ::)

oh geez. No I found a bunch of threads for both the frag vest and tac vest but i wanted to know if they were used together. perhaps I didn't word my question correctly

perfect, that's what I was looking for. Alright it all makes sense now, i just saw a lot of pictures with the soldier only wearing the frag vest and i was wondering where they put all of there kit. Thanks armyvern

Spazz, also be aware that the American's have a system where you can mount your pouches directly onto your armour.

Infanteer said:
Spazz, also be aware that the American's have a system where you can mount your pouches directly onto your armour.

Intersting, I imagine this would be a seriese of pouches that strap on to the vest?

The US Interceptor has MOLLE/PALS attachment points where pouches may be affixed.

Some pics you will see Troops overseas not wearing the TV or their LBE due to them crewing vehicles that are impossible to crew with that gear on -- or they are just being lasy...

I remember when we first got the demo of our new tac vest, our SQ had two borrowed tac vests, one on one member of our squadron, and the second on another member of our squadron (An extremely good buddy of mine), I didn't even recognise him, because he had a frag vest on under the tac vest, and he had a brand new fresh jar head sort of hair cut earlier that day, I figured he was on loan from the same infantry unit the tac vests were from.

Back