• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Former U.S. military service

• Thread starter northamericanrebel
  • Start date
N

northamericanrebel

Before anyone dismisses this, i am wondering if their are any allowences to join the canadian army if ur from another country, i am from california and as opposed to joining the us army i figured it would be great to see canada and meet some new people from across the border...do they offer citizenships or anything like that if ur coming to canada purely to join the military....any any any any advice at all would be great thanks :confused: :fifty:

I am not to familiar with the Canadian Forces, but I know if you wanted to join ANY police force in Canada you have to have your Canadian citizen ship or be a landed immigrant for at least two years before applying.

I suspect that the Canadian Forces may be similar. Did you check the requirements on this webpage?

I have a few friends who want to go to America to join the army (mostly AirForce) but I am not use to seeing an American wanting to join Canadian army.

May I ask why specifically?

This may help:
http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/careers/index_e.asp

I personally think the united states has the worlds most powerful military force bar none, i dont care about that ****.... i know canadians they are great people and would love to meet some new people north of the border. i was thinking if i could get into the canadian army for a bit than maybe i would join the us marines after if i could maintain some kind of duel citizenship. plus everyone in know goes to the us military why not check out other options!! =)i know the usa has certain allowences and things for people wanting to the joining our forces i was thinking maybe canada was the same... its like **** we are brothers in my eyes i dont know why it should be a big issue :sniper: :mg: :akimbo: :cam:

Northamericanrebel: you need to apply for Canadian Citizenship or Landed Immigrant status before you can apply for the CF. There‘s no exchange program, and there‘s no way to enter with only American citizenship. Getting dual citizenship is tricky too. In any case, the answer to your question is no.

By the way, there are a lot better ways to meet people than to join the army, FYI.

northamericanrebel... you are the coolest american that i‘ve met!!!

thanks fuken hog wash, **** i guess its off to us army.....LOL 10th Mountain sounds fun =)

Yeah gryphon664 said it! You are one awsome yank! I think you singlehandedly caused **** to freeze over with your wish...

The U.S. no longer allows for dual citizenship. Even for people born in the Commonwealth countries, which all used to be relatively easy to maintain the dual citizenship with the U.S.

thought that if lets say you had one parent of one country and the other lets say american... doesn‘t the child become both?

Symchyshyn: No. My nephew is just that; the child of both, and yet he is only allowed citizenship in Canada, because that‘s where he was born. If he wants American citizenship, he would, most likely be forced to forfeit his Canadian citizenship/

future soldier i am in the same situation!

I was born in poland and came to Canada when i was 3 (currently 18) Neway i always wanted to join the USMC is there anything i can do??

I apllied for the green card lottery last year and the results are going to be back in april. Hopefully i get it. But the thing is i talked to the us army people and they told me i need a us citizenship . One thing that makes me wonder is that i was on the usmc website once and on the news they said that the first canadian ever graduated from usmc, now i want to know how the **** he did it. I dont want to join reserves, omnly full time. I would appreciate any help. Thx

You have EU membership... why join the USMC. Why not go back and join the Polish army. Its going to be very modern in the next few years. You‘ll get to drive Leo2‘s the best MBT in business. They are doing a lot of work with the US, so you‘ll get sent out on missions.

Sure their good things to being in the US military, but don‘t forget that there are other units out there just as good if not better.

omg so much people are telling me i should join the foreign legion but i still dont know wtf it is. Do they have some info site?

They are located in france right?? I cant speak french.

Umm.. to my knowlege, the french forgien legion has been disbanded..

Combat_Medic

I thought that US and Canada has some sort of agreement that allows a person to hold dual citizenship. Since we‘re such close neighbours with the States (both geographically and politically) that one could hold both US and Canadian citizenship withouth having to cancel either one.

For what it‘s worth - My ex-wife‘s family were all US Immigration, Customs, or Border Patrol Officers. I was told that if/when I naturalized (haven‘t yet) that "as far as the US was concerned, I would be a US Citizen.. if another country (Canada, for example) chooses to continue to recognize me as a citizen, then so be it. On the flip side, my daughter was born here in Phoenix. Immigration Canada indicated that because one of her parents is a Canadian citizen, she is eligible to be/obtain/apply for (?) Canadian citizenship (I haven‘t looked into it that closely)

Back