• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

For Sale - CPGear Chest Rig - Coyote Brown - $250

Reaction score
Looking to get rid of a CP Gear Modular Fighting Order Carrier Rig... in normal terms, a chest rig.  Dumb name, pretty awesome vest. Purchased for the full amount plus cost of malice clips, so around $380. New CoC, so can't wear it anymore... as is tradition. It was a pretty impulse buy anyway, even in a field unit I really have no real use for it.

Good news though, being a support trade, it's only gently used. Only been on a few exercises and in excellent shape. Will get some pics up if there's any interest. Looking to sell for $250 shipped and already assembled.

*edit

Forgot to add, a link for retail:
http://www.cpgear.com/store/vest/mofocr_rifleman_kit.htm

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
MeatheadMick said:
Looking to get rid of a CP Gear Modular Fighting Order Carrier Rig... in normal terms, a chest rig.  Dumb name, pretty awesome vest. Purchased for the full amount plus cost of malice clips, so around $380. New CoC, so can't wear it anymore... as is tradition. It was a pretty impulse buy anyway, even in a field unit I really have no real use for it.

Good news though, being a support trade, it's only gently used. Only been on a few exercises and in excellent shape. Will get some pics up if there's any interest. Looking to sell for $250 shipped and already assembled.

*edit

Forgot to add, a link for retail:
http://www.cpgear.com/store/vest/mofocr_rifleman_kit.htm

Was this one of the 'trials' rigs?

Reaction score
I don't believe the MoFOCR was ever an official trialled rig, although I do know it was picked up on a few rotos in the 2007/08 time frame. Mine's a personal purchase, it was in no way issued to me... if it was issued I'd be allowed to wear it, and there's no way I'd be getting rid of it. I love the rig, but current CoC doesn't allow it, and being an MP now, I'm not always going to be in a field unit. It's currently sitting in my locker at work and hasn't seen the field in a few exercises in order to "stay under the radar".

Like I said, it has definitely been to the field, as the old CoC didn't care about using kit that actually works.  Will post pics and see if I get any nibbles :)

PuckChaser

Army.ca Fixture
Staff member
Directing Staff
Mentor
Reaction score
daftandbarmy said:
Was this one of the 'trials' rigs?

2 of the trial rigs were SORD, and the other was Tactical Tailor. CPGear was never an officially trialed rig, unless they did a secret one before 2010.

WPJ

Reaction score
I would have taken it but just had one ordered in cadpat AR.

Reaction score
Was the SORD rig the one the Vandoos picked up to trial as highlighted on Army News?  It's a slick rig, I wouldn't mind wearing it.

The MoFOCRs that were trialled were for a tour in 2007... they weren't official CF trial, just given to a Coy to give their impressions and what not.

Good to hear WPJ, it's a solid rig, you should enjoy it. Like I said before, I would love to keep it and use it. With different chains of command having different views on what's Kosher, and the fact that I'm not always going to be a field weenie, I'd rather have the money to put towards a new softie. At least with the softie I can hide the damn thing under the issued rain jacket lol.

It's still up for grabs, local Edmonton Area I'll even deliver. I go back to work tmrw so will have pics up by the weekend. It's in excellent shape, and at $250 you'll still save a hundred bucks over buying it right from CPgear.

Reaction score
Pics of the rig:

Front:
front_zps3a9dc56c.jpg

Back:
back_zpscab6c9d5.jpg

Worn Front/Left
frontleft_zps11433945.jpg

Worn Back/Right
frontright_zps40afc6e6.jpg

Reaction score
Going to be posting this up elsewhere now that army.ca has had the first kick at the can. Will keep monitoring this thread though and will update if sold.