• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

For our American Friends - Happy Independence Day 04 Jul 08

1feral1

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Well, its 04 Jul here already, so first in to wish all our US friends and allies a good day.

BBQs, beer, fireworks etc.

For those deployed, you are remembered today.

Thanks to you, we get almost a weeks worth of fireworks here on the border.  For some bizarre reason, the locals around here have a "need" to fire something almost every night from June 29 to July 5.  The 50th anniversary of the inundation of the St. Lawrence Seaway added a couple of extra nights of pyrotechnics as well.

So....

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY, Y'ALL

P.S. we forgive you for starting the War of 1812 if you forgive us for burning Washington DC (and sacking Ogdensburg, Bob & Doug McKenzie, having decent beer, better sex lives and... well, y'know, Celine Dion.)

CDN Aviator said:
Down the British........

Hey, us people born in England might be sad about comments like that.  :p

Last year I was in Six Flags Darien Lake for July 4.  What a weekend.

So yes yes, happy Independence Day you Yanks!  What out for aliens and a bad Jeff Goldblum acting job.  ;)

Cheers, Kyle

MedTechStudent said:
Hey, us people born in England might be sad about comments like that.  :p

Its part of history....deal with it  ;D

CDN Aviator said:
Its part of history....deal with it  ;D

Indeed, the biggest part being that big chunk of history where we pretty much ruled this country.  Right up until '82 with Trudeau got sore with us and took the Constitution back.  Bunch of whiners.  :p

MedTechStudent said:
Indeed, the biggest part being that big chunk of history where we pretty much ruled this country.  Right up until '82 with Trudeau got sore with us and took the Constitution back.  Bunch of whiners.   :p

What the hell does that have to do with the 4th of July ?

Have you never heard "Down the British, Up the rebbels" ?

;D

Ya it was an American Revolution motto, along with the "to taxation without representation" saying.  I was only putting England in context to its history along side Canada.  As for the US, glad to see they won the war. :)  I mean, in retrospect if they hadn't, everyone would be enjoying NHS, but hey good one em.  ;D

canada day july 1st
independence day 4th july
bc canada celebrated it"s 150th birthday
quebec celebrated Mr Champlain 400 yrs
french colonies outstanding...
what can i say
do we not have 2 of the greatest
countries on the face of the planet....
let the lil guys speake...they know
like the dutch,,,they have adored us
for the people we are...
to one and all i say this proudly......
bless you all
          you have my undying love ...
                best regards all...
                scoty b

MedTechStudent said:
Ya it was an American Revolution motto, along with the "to taxation without representation" saying.  I was only putting England in context to its history along side Canada.  As for the US, glad to see they won the war. :)  I mean, in retrospect if they hadn't, everyone would be enjoying NHS, but hey good one em.  ;D

This thread is about wishing our neighbours well on their country's birthday, not about turning into a pissing contest.

Sheeh!

For our American friends I humbly appologise on those charging this thread with political hot steaming BS.

Its embarassing.

So, back on topic please, and thankyou.

Overwatch Downunder said:
This thread is about wishing our neighbours well on their country's birthday, not about turning into a pissing contest.

It certainly not a pissing contest....you can tell by the smillies.......

Relax, drink more maybe

and i dont need you apologizing for me

I guess I am just too serious tonight  ;D.

I am on the wagon for the long haul now, so I might have to go drink some more cold water.

'Ave a good one ya mug!

Happy 4th of July to my crazy neighbours to the south ;D

and a big Happy 4th of July to all the Americans serving overseas  :salute:

Well, its 04 Jul here already, so first in to wish all our US friends and allies a good day.

BBQs, beer, fireworks etc.

For those deployed, you are remembered today.

....«  on: Yesterday at 19:48:01 »

hehe

To one and all our friends in the US of A,
we stand together as one

Have a great Independance day with plenty of Beer, dogs, fireworks and everything else you might think of

CHIMO!

Sheeh!

For our American friends I humbly appologise on those charging this thread with political hot steaming BS.

Its embarassing.

So, back on topic please, and thankyou.
Us Americans are strong and we can take it. I will affirmatively and strongly state that we owe a lot of our prosperity and happiness to having perhaps the best neighbors one can have; neighbors with a common culture, common history (up to 1774 that is), similar language and familial and business ties that make the relationship stronger than blood.

The U.S. is a more brassily patriotic country. Tonight, my wife and I watched fireworks displays and patriotic concerts preceding them from across the country. I don't believe in any country do you hear, in so many cities and spontaneously organized (with no government input) medleys of songs such as:
  • Yankee Doodle;
  • She's a Grand Old Flag;
  • G-d Bless America;
  • Our Country T'is of Thee (plagarized from G-d Save the Queen);
  • This Land is Your Land (authored by a committed Leftist, almost Communist); and of course
  • The Star Spangled Banner.

I am posting the lyrics of This Land is Your Land to show that the patriotism in our country runs deeply, and well across political lines:

This Land Is Your Land (link  to lyric provider)

This land is your land This land is my land
From California to the New York island;
From the red wood forest to the Gulf Stream waters
This land was made for you and Me.

As I was walking that ribbon of highway,
I saw above me that endless skyway:
I saw below me that golden valley:
This land was made for you and me.

I've roamed and rambled and I followed my footsteps
To the sparkling sands of her diamond deserts;
And all around me a voice was sounding:
This land was made for you and me.