• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

For each and everyone of you

military granny

Inactive
Reaction score
This is going to be one of those chick-sappy threads. To each of you members on here and you know who you are I want to say thank you. I got the message today that my sons tour is over, he is in the safe zone waiting for his fly day. And without a lot of you men and women on here I'm sure he would have been visiting me at the funny farm. You have answered my dumb questions, given great advice, and told me I didn't know crap when I needed it . But most of all you have PM'd me when I have needed someone to lean on. I have made some great friends on-line and off. Thank You All.

Your welcome MG,

However I am going to hold you up to the offer of the" case of beer" once my hubby reaches the " safe zone"  We will call it the "pre- party after tour party"

But in all serious Mg, you are absolutely correct. This site has been my Savior. These men and women who show compassion and understanding and even a shoulder to vent. I thank you as well. Now 13 more days and my hubby is home too......

MG, I don't think you are starting a sappy chick thread!  The day we call heart felt thanks and gratitude sappy we need to re evaluate things.  I would concur with you that the members on this site are pretty awesome and very supportive, often hilarious, which is great on those days that you're feeling weepy and sorry for yourself.  Not to mention educational too.  To use the language of my profession, there is a good ministry going on here and I am very glad for it.  Thanks, MG for starting this thread and letting me say thanks too!

Rev Lara

MG hopefully you will stick around when your son gets back, your experience will be a definite asset to us.

Military Granny,

it's a 2-sided thing. The support and Morale that you have shown for everyone one of the troops on your time at this site has been endearing to all of us.

I hope your son realizes what a great source of support you are, and he is lucky to have you. For those of us who are in, and those about to go to the sandbox, you are what we can hope in our own loved ones and friends. Just the support and love of those we care about, who will be there for you.

Thank YOU on behalf of a soldier who appreciates the support

Sig_Des said:
Military Granny,

it's a 2-sided thing. The support and Morale that you have shown for everyone one of the troops on your time at this site has been endearing to all of us.

I hope your son realizes what a great source of support you are, and he is lucky to have you. For those of us who are in, and those about to go to the sandbox, you are what we can hope in our own loved ones and friends. Just the support and love of those we care about, who will be there for you.

Thank YOU on behalf of a soldier who appreciates the support

+1  :salute:

Granny, ditto to what everyone else has said so far.  It has been great getting to know you, and what I find absolutely amazing about you is that, no matter what else is going on in your own life, you are always there for everyone else.  In chat, you always ask about everyone, and remember what is going on in their lives, what has happened and what is scheduled.  I'm glad to hear you'll be sticking around, it wouldn't be the same without you,

Mich

Back