• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

For Dav, Michael D, Rob, Mark

army

Inactive
Reaction score
For Dav, Michael D, Rob, Mark

Posted by Jules Deschenes from Canada on April 10, 1999 at 23:38:34:

This is an exchange which took place betwen Senator Metzenbaum and Senator John Glenn. I know it‘s American but bear with me. I will condense and give the gist.
Sen M. to Glenn.
How can you run for senate when you‘ve never held a real job?

Sen G to M
I served 23 yrs in the USMC. I served in 2 wars, flew 129 missions and my plane was hit by AAA on 12 different occasions. I was in the space program.

Come with me to a Vets" hospital and tell those men with mangled bodies they never held a job.

Come with me to see the widows and children of White, Grissom and Chaffee. Tell them their hubands and fathers never held a job.

Come with me to Arlington on Memorial Day and look at all those waving flags and tell me those lying in the ground never had jobs.

You should be on your knees every day Howard thanking God that there were SOME MEN who had a dedication to duty and purpose and a love of country that was more important than life itself.

There self sacrifice is what made this country possible.

WE HAVE HELD A JOB HOWARD!

What about YOU?

We also have politicians such as Howie in this country. Saddly our people are not thought of any better by them.

Re: For Dav, Michael D, Rob, Mark

Posted by Rob Clarke from Orleans ON Canada on April 11, 1999 at 12:18:38:

In Reply to: For Dav, Michael D, Rob, Mark posted by Jules Deschenes on April 10, 1999 at 23:38:34:

Jules:

Amen!

Posted by Michael A. Dorosh from Canada on April 11, 1999 at 17:07:23:

In Reply to: For Dav, Michael D, Rob, Mark posted by Jules Deschenes on April 10, 1999 at 23:38:34:

And since when is having a "real job" a prerequisite for public office? I thought the only prerequisites were being 21 years old and an American citizen.

The key point there, Jules, is that not many people thought the way that idiot did, and Glenn had a lot of support, enabling him to earn his seat. In Canada, military types tend to not even bother running.

In fact American military figures tend to do better politically than Canadians as a rule. The top overseas US soldier in WWII, Ike, went on to be President, while Andy McNaughton couldn‘t hold an MP‘s seat. I‘d like to see Mackenzie run for office, wouldn‘t you?

Posted by Robert Thompson Broker -AB ret‘d from Toronto ON Canada on April 11, 1999 at 17:53:48:

In Reply to: Re: For Dav, Michael D, Rob, Mark posted by Rob Clarke on April 11, 1999 at 12:18:38:

Fellows, been reading your site and messages since I stumbled on to it last week.
You‘re all interesting, intelligent mostly and reasonably well informed. I am surprised though
you‘ve forgotten that Lew MacKenzie with whom I had the pleasure and privelege of serving with had run
for public office. He lost. Typical of Canadian electorate thinking.

Cheers!

Posted by Art Johnson Citizen from Toronto ON Canada on April 12, 1999 at 12:24:46:

In Reply to: Re: For Dav, Michael D, Rob, Mark posted by Michael A. Dorosh on April 11, 1999 at 17:07:23:

MacKenzie did run, he lost, worst luck.

Posted by Jules Deschenes from Canada on April 12, 1999 at 19:10:27:

In Reply to: Re: For Dav, Michael D, Rob, Mark posted by Michael A. Dorosh on April 11, 1999 at 17:07:23:

I have mixed feelings about Mackenzie running for political office. a He‘s too much a man to be doing that type of BS work. b Remember that a politician is only one step up from a lawyer or is it the other way around? Either way they are both bottom feeders.

Posted by A PRIVATE from OTTAWA Canada on April 14, 1999 at 13:38:19:

In Reply to: Re: For Dav, Michael D, Rob, Mark posted by Art Johnson on April 12, 1999 at 12:24:46:

MacKenzie did not simply lose in his 1997 bid to win the federal riding of Parry Sound-Muskoka as a Conservative.

He was destroyed.

Posted by Rob Clarke from Orleans ON Canada on April 14, 1999 at 14:09:08:

In Reply to: Re: For Dav, Michael D, Rob, Mark posted by A PRIVATE on April 14, 1999 at 13:38:19:

Are you refering to General Mackenzie?

Posted by A PRIVATE from Ottawa Canada on April 15, 1999 at 09:15:54:

In Reply to: Re: For Dav, Michael D, Rob, Mark posted by Rob Clarke on April 14, 1999 at 14:09:08:

Yes, Lewis MacKenzie.

Back