• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

For all you techno-geeks

muskrat89

Staff member
Directing Staff
Inactive
Reaction score
A self-powered exo-skeleton for strength and endurance enhancement of humans, that is ergonomic, highly maneuverable, lightweight and durable - primarily for use by soldiers, disaster relief workers, wildfire fighters and other emergency personnel.

It enables you to carry a heavy load, while feeling only a few-pound load...

http://bleex.me.berkeley.edu/bleex.htm

Yet you don't get the same comic relief as you do with a gorilla suit.

Yet you don't get the same comic relief as you do with a gorilla suit.

Ha! You a funny, funny guy. In Tom Clancy's : NetForce "State of War", they use the exo-skeletons to penetrate 7 feet of hard packed dirt in several minutes, to get to a cold war bunker in Texas. Its a good read.

No. And YOU have to carry it. Without an exoskeleton.

The Japanese are working on a suit records surroundings and projects it on the surfaces of the suit so it appears as if a person is
translucent.  Think of a "Predator" suit, translucent, and jumping into a nest of enemy soliders.  Would they fight or run?  A
gorilla suit ekoskeleton would scare the crap out of them too.. and the people on my block.

It's incomplete until they add a Y-rack on the back with an A-bomb launcher....

Infanteer said:
It's incomplete until they add a Y-rack on the back with an A-bomb launcher....

They finished it.  We probably wont see it in battle for some time though.

that better not be the finished product cause A) its incredibly awkward, look how slow the dude is walking, he'd get picked off so quick in combat  B) dear god its loud.

They need to make it for the full body, not just the legs and then add a full uranium armor.  Could you imagine a 5 ton soldier with reactive armor and a 30mm machine gun? (since he would not feel any recoil)

I can imagine a 5 tonne soldier sinking into the mud....

To be used in urban areas only

Yeah, I'm sure that would be quite effective at quickly reacting to sneaky guys in sandels with RPGs....

Infanteer said:
To be used in urban areas only

Yeah, I'm sure that would be quite effective at quickly reacting to sneaky guys in sandels with RPGs....

No since you have reactive armor... the round wont penetrate. A walking tank basically.  Anyway im not saying the army should do this, it was just a supposition

If you suppose you will strap an explosive to yourself, go ahead....

They need to make it for the full body, not just the legs and then add a full uranium armor.  Could you imagine a 5 ton soldier with reactive armor and a 30mm machine gun? (since he would not feel any recoil)

Hey, there is that game called Halo...

Did they really have to make three long videos of the samething over and over.  I guess it was to show that the person could keep walking around for that long.  But it reminded me of the light display scene from the movie 2001: A Space Odessy where it just kept going and going.  But it still looks pretty cool.

Back