• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Flight To BMQ

Craft

Inactive
Reaction score
Does the Canadian Forces provide you an airfare to Quebec, or do you have to pay for your own ticket?

They don't provide you the ticket itself but it will be covered. If you're unsure make sure to talk to your local recruiting centre. As a previous poster mentioned, if you get a voluntary release you have to pay for your own ticket back. Otherwise, both will be covered in some way.

DirtOnMyBoots said:
They don't provide you the ticket itself but it will be covered. If you're unsure make sure to talk to your local recruiting centre. As a previous poster mentioned, if you get a voluntary release you have to pay for your own ticket back. Otherwise, both will be covered in some way.

How do they cover it? Will they give you the funds to buy a ticket? Or will they reimburse you if you show your proof of payment?

Navy Beans said:
The Forces provide you with a ticket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They give it right away at the ceremony?  Or do they send you a mail?

paleomedic said:
you are usually provided with an e-ticket at enrollment.

Exactly. I was given my flight info the day I was sworn in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tmr is my enrollment day guys I hope i get that e ticket and i can wait to finally start my life career!

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

You all should be getting a beautiful stack of paperwork to sign/fill out. At that time you will also receive your booking for your flight. Its a piece of paper with flight number, time of flight, etc. Upon arriving in Montreal, a military bus will pick you up. Do not call the driver 'Sir' (lol).

As long as you let them know ahead of your swearing in, which mode of travel you'd prefer, your ticket will be waiting for you at swearing in. Otherwise, they default to plane ticket.

Would I be able to just drive my car there ?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

You should talk to your recruiting center, but yes people can drive themselves, however, you will be leaving your car parked in the lot for the first four weeks at minimum. After that you could possibly become the designated driver for your group.

U
Getting to BMQ from SW Ontario. Is mode of transport still provided? Bus, train, plane? Uber ;) ?
Unless you tell your CFRC that you want to drive, they should either fly you from Toronto or put you on a train to Montreal. From there there is a shuttle bus to take you to St Jean.

Back