• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

First Posting To Shearwater, A Few Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trueblue

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

I just finished my QL3's and received my first posting, I will be leaving for Shearwater in the next month or so.

I have a few questions, I am single, with zero dependents, I have applied for a PMQ through CFHA but have yet to hear anything back, a few people of told me in Halifax it is impossible to get a PMQ unless you are married/have children. If anyone could clarify this that would be great.

Also, is there anywhere I can find out how much PLD is in Shearwater? If I can't get a Q I'd going to have to start looking around for apartments and this would help me consider which I can afford.

Thanks in advance.

Trueblue said:
Also, is there anywhere I can find out how much PLD is in Shearwater?

http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dgcb-dgras/pub/cbi-dra/205-eng.asp#sec-45

and unless things have really changed lately you will not get the PMQ.  Single members may be lucky enough to get into single quarters. With PLD in Halifax these days there is no reason a single person can not afford a nice apartment.  I do not however recommend calculating PLD into your budget for rent as it is a moving target.  You may go from getting say $700 to $300 to nothing in a very short period. Suddenly having to make up $400 to $700 in your budget is not fun.  Budget on your regular pay to avoid any surprises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back