• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Finally (!) made it in.

estoguy

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day everyone,

I haven't been very active on the forum in years... life went in some other directions, but back in early 2020, just before the Rona started, I reapplied to the Forces. I found out that trying to become a pilot this time around just was unobtainable, due to training programs being full and the cut-off scores being almost Unobtanium levels, so I was given a list of postions at the time that were hiring. I narrowed my choices down to NWO, TDO and Artillery Officer. Went through about a 2 year process, including a medical appeal for past anti-depressant use which I got through early this year and was back in the process. Since January, things moved pretty quick - repeated my interview, had final processing done and landed on the competition list in April, and was selected about 2 weeks after that for NWO. I'm very excited to make my dream of serving our military a reality.

From all my experiences with this process, the biggest thing I can say to people still in it is DON'T GIVE UP until you get a hard no. I never got one and kept at it. This process can frustrate with how long it takes, etc. Just stick with it if it's what you want.

My process...

Recruiting Center: Barrie, ON
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: DEO-Officer
Trade choice 1: NWO
Trade choice 2: TDO
Trade choice 3: Arty Officer
Application date: February 2020
First contact: April 2020
CFAT: Years ago... lol
CFAT Results: Successful
Medical: #1 July 2020, medical appeal filed March 2021, passed appeal January 2022
Interview: #1 July 2020, #2 February 2022
Competition list: Mid - April ish 2022
Position offered: NWO, May 2022
Enrolment: August 5, 2022
BMOQ: Platoon L0050E, August 22, 2022

@estoguy, perseverance often pays off; good on you for keeping at something you want to achieve!

All the best as you proceed through the next steps. I remember that at the time, things seemed like a mountain to summit, but years later realized they were just hills, and tha as Fishbone Jones said, putting one foot in front of the other, moves you ahead.

Cheers,
G2G

Good day everyone,

I haven't been very active on the forum in years... life went in some other directions, but back in early 2020, just before the Rona started, I reapplied to the Forces. I found out that trying to become a pilot this time around just was unobtainable, due to training programs being full and the cut-off scores being almost Unobtanium levels, so I was given a list of postions at the time that were hiring. I narrowed my choices down to NWO, TDO and Artillery Officer. Went through about a 2 year process, including a medical appeal for past anti-depressant use which I got through early this year and was back in the process. Since January, things moved pretty quick - repeated my interview, had final processing done and landed on the competition list in April, and was selected about 2 weeks after that for NWO. I'm very excited to make my dream of serving our military a reality.

From all my experiences with this process, the biggest thing I can say to people still in it is DON'T GIVE UP until you get a hard no. I never got one and kept at it. This process can frustrate with how long it takes, etc. Just stick with it if it's what you want.

My process...

Medical: #1 July 2020, medical appeal filed March 2021, passed appeal January 2022
Hi there,

I am just applying for NWO and am preparing for the CFAT. Do you know what the cut-off score is for NWO eligibility? I am scoring OK on all my practices but have no bearing as to how I am doing in relation to probability of being successful. I am currently a civilian looking to transfer over and begin my military career!

Good day everyone,

My process...

Good day everyone,

My process...

Good day,

I initially applied in 2018 and still waiting up until now (2023). I had a repeat interview this year March 2023 that lasted 1.5 hrs. since my Interview #1 was in March 2020. Got approved for security screening a week after interview #2. Now, I was invited for another interview. I said, I recently did one and he told that the interview was for the security screening. Did you have two interviews as well, before and after security clearance approval? I thought there’s only one.

Centre: Montreal
DEO: NWO
Applied: June 2018
CFAT: July 2018
Medical #1: March 2020 - expired
Interview #1: April 2020 - expired
Reliability #1: April 2021 - expired
Clearance #1: June 2022 - Level 2

MOST: August 2022
Medical #2: November 2022
Reliability #2: January 2023
Interview #2-A: March 2023
Clearance #2: March 2023 - Level 3
Interview #2-B: ?? (No schedule available for English Interview from April 2023 thru May 2023) - pending….

Competition List: pending….
Position offered: pending….

Back