• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Fighter pilot requirement ( Bachelor degree)

Dionysus055

Reaction score
Fighter pilot requirement ( Bachelor degree)

Hi everyone. I'm an Officer Cadet in the pilot trade, and I'm currently doing my bachelor. My goal is to make it as a fighter pilot even though I could be assign to any stream. My question is, do my bachelor need to be in science in order to be considered for a fighter pilot position? Does doing an art bachelor automatically cancel my chances to be fighter pilot?

Finally, is there any tips or advice that can help increase the chances? Like being super fit, healthy, having good grades in every courses etc?

Thank you

Degree doesn’t matter unless you want to be a Test Pilot later on in your career.

Fighter selection is done primarily at Moose Jaw during phase 2 - kick ass at academics and flying and they will give you a a chance if the fit is right.

You also need to be a Canadian citizen and you cannot be a dual citizen (other than from US, UK, Australia and New Zealand).

Degree doesn’t matter unless you want to be a Test Pilot later on in your career.

Fighter selection is done primarily at Moose Jaw during phase 2 - kick ass at academics and flying and they will give you a a chance if the fit is right.
I don't have any interest for Test Pilot, so it should be okay.
Speaking of good performance at academics and flying, does Phase 1 matter as much as Phase 2 for the fighter selection?
Thanks

Oh okay, I have dual citizenship but I don't mind keeping only the Canadian one.
Thank you for the info
It’s more than just citizenship but also ties to other countries which may prevent you from getting the required security clearances.

What degree do you need if you wanted to be a test pilot?

It’s more than just citizenship but also ties to other countries which may prevent you from getting the required security clearances.
What would you say the best course of action for someone who has a 2nd citizenship in an EU Country (Poland), but has not lived there or had much ties to the country ever since leaving at 4 years old and not returning, would it still be best to get rid of it?

You also need to be a Canadian citizen and you cannot be a dual citizen (other than from US, UK, Australia and New Zealand).
Interesting... That's news to me too!
Is it a big deal for them, even if I'm Dual Citizen of another EU country (Germany in my case)?
I could imagine it must suck to have to lose citizenships to be able to fly.

Considering both of those countries have signed deals to buy the F-35, I'm betting the US wouldn't be super concerned. It will complicate your security clearance process, though.

Considering both of those countries have signed deals to buy the F-35, I'm betting the US wouldn't be super concerned. It will complicate your security clearance process, though.
Yeah, that would make more sense to me. Seems kind of weird that they would instantly shut out all applicants from countries were very closely allied with.

Back