• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Female Engineers

Thank you for you wonderful advice.

We do have a care plan set up, as a just in case. I made sure I had it FIRM before proceeding with putting in my application. It was a little more difficult to come up with considering we have no family out here, but I have some wonderful friends(and they happen to be neighbours, too!) that have volunteered to help where we need it.

That is probably the best advice to give to anyone looking to join the CF with a spouse already in and a young family such as ours, make sure you have back up plans just in case!!!

Plan A, plan B and plan C...ALWAYS!!

Just another thing to think about....what if you are both posted to opposite ends of the country?  That is a very real possability.  He could be on the the east coast, and you could wind up in Edmonton.  Have you really considered that as well?  Where would the kids stay?  With you, or with him?  What if either, or both are deployed?  Just things to keep in mind with your family care plan as well.

Springroll said:
Just a heads up....

The recruiting officer called me this morning and said my application is going through now and I am being put on a priority because of my previous experience and because of my selected trade ;D.

If anyone is willing to give me a bit of a crash course in Combat engineering and what they do(not the recruiting office description either) please msg me or add me to your msn..... :)

Thanks a bunch!!

Springroll,

Just curious, have you been told when you are going to start your training?  I'm interested in how long it takes to get to St-Jean after the "phone call".

S6.

Spr.Earl said:
Hey Card_11 don't worry about size,you will learn how we use size on bridge builds etc.

We use human power as it's needed,and as long as you are fit and able and can hump you will have no prob's.My biggest ***** as a young Sapper I was fairly strong and ended up on transom party on Baily!!
I'm 6'2'' oh my   back crawling through those panel's and trying to catch the weight of the Timmie's as we passed the transom through.

You youngn's are lucky as you no longer have L.F.B,L.F.R.,A.P.B.,A.P.R.,Baily,Class 60, all's you have now is MGB.and M.F.B. and M.R. for bridgingso don't sweat it as I said give iot you all and become a good Sapper who we can all be proud of.

UBIQUE

Spr. Earl you forgot to add in ACROW..... oh wait we don't do  bridging anymore ;D

Sapper6 said:
Springroll,

Just curious, have you been told when you are going to start your training?   I'm interested in how long it takes to get to St-Jean after the "phone call".

S6.

Hey Sapper6,

I know someone that got their call right at the end of November and begins on January 16. She's not going 043, but I hope that helps out anyway.

Cheers

Zombie,

Thanks, but I was looking more for the timelines on 043 recruits.  Good to see your friend is starting training within 2 months of getting the call.  We need more of that if we are going to get more soldiers into the units.

S6.

S6 -- I'm going 043 and I'm merit listed waiting for the call, so I can let you know as soon as I'm given my BMQ start date. I'm hoping the call comes next week...

Unfortunately........ ain't going to happen

Would if I could... but I can't, so I won't.

geo said:
Unfortunately........ ain't going to happen

Oh, OK then. I guess I'll concentrate on getting our mortars back from the Arty folks now that this issue has been gripped.  ;)

Zombie said:
S6 -- I'm going 043 and I'm merit listed waiting for the call, so I can let you know as soon as I'm given my BMQ start date. I'm hoping the call comes next week...

Roger that.

Sapper 6

Journeyman said:
Right. So give us back our pioneers!

The Engineers never took them away.  You guys shot yourselves in the foot on this one.

Sapper6 said:
Just curious, have you been told when you are going to start your training?  I'm interested in how long it takes to get to St-Jean after the "phone call".

S6.

I am 043...I was called on Sept. 26/05 and had to report to St.Jean for Oct 2nd (started BMQ on te 3rd).  In total from the time they called me til I left for basic it was 6 days.  It varied for people...Just dont stress,the call will come when you're NOT waiting for it.  ;)

Can you send a more detailed SITREP?

Are you done with St Jean?

When do you go to Gagetown and how long will that Crse be before you graduate as a 043?

Para Alpha: at home on leave
  "    Bravo: Gagetown NB
  "    Charlie:  hah okay...So, I graduated BMQ on Dec 15th.  Personally I LOVED all of it.  It was so much fun for me personally, probably because Ive been waiting for this for SOO long.  I have to report to Gagetown on Jan 4th. They gave me NO dates on my posting message.  I assume the course dates will be given (hopefully) when I arrive or soon there after.  I have to so SQ (10weeks) and MOC (20 weeks)  So i assume I'll be there minimum 8 months...PLUS if I'm on PAT for any period of time...I'm preparing myself for a years + stay CFB Gagetown.

SemperFidelis said:
Para Alpha: at home on leave
  "    Bravo: Gagetown NB
  "    Charlie:  hah okay...So, I graduated BMQ on Dec 15th.  Personally I LOVED all of it.  It was so much fun for me personally, probably because Ive been waiting for this for SOO long.  I have to report to Gagetown on Jan 4th. They gave me NO dates on my posting message.  I assume the course dates will be given (hopefully) when I arrive or soon there after.  I have to so SQ (10weeks) and MOC (20 weeks)  So i assume I'll be there minimum 8 months...PLUS if I'm on PAT for any period of time...I'm preparing myself for a years + stay CFB Gagetown.

Good SITREP SemperFi!  Sounds like the Recruiting of Combat Engineers is going well for you.  Different story for different follks.  Would be interested in your updates as you go through SQ and MOC trg from a female's perspective.  Have a good one!

S6

Time will tell but I would venture to think that if they called you up at such short notice to get you on the BMQ, they want you in Gagetown for an SQ that starts in January and Basic FE training to start in April...
Unless something happens, wouldn't expect Semper Fidelis to be PAT for any length of time.

Back