• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

favorite PO's to either teach or be taught

what is your favorite PO's in the cadet manuals

• Drill

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Citizenship

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • fundimential training

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Map and compass

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • Physical Fitness

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Leadership

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Public Speaking

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Instructional Techniques

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Marksmanship

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • Bushcraft

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • Air crew survival

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Sailing

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters

Jonny Boy

Inactive
Reaction score
hey i was just wondering what everyones favorite PO's are. it can be either your favorite to teach or your favorite to learn.

you can have up to 3 votes if you like more than one PO's.

I'm definitely a fan of teaching bushcraft: can't get any more interactive than that!

if u had the option of aircrew survival.................it would help lol............

i chose Drill, Instructional Techniques, and Leadership

Drill: because i enjoy taking the brand new green star cadets and showing them exactly what the proper way to perform drill is. too many of my senior NCOs have had bad drill instructors, and they themselves have picked up the bad habits.

Instructional Techniques: since i have been involved with the NSCE Testing on a provincial level for the past 4 years, i like to think i know what is expected of the cadets. I have not had a cadet fail NSCE when i was the one instructing them. this way i can guarantee that they will be meeting the requriements, and i know that the future of the cadet corps will be a successful one.

Leadership: I have noticed that the Cpls and MCpls have poor leadership, and i like having a hands on approach to their professional development. I like to think that I am making a difference.

"The only way to guarantee success is to get in there and do it yourself."

they don't have bad leadership, as they are still pretty junior, they havn't developed their leadership abilities and potential as much as someone more senior to them.

WO2_mandal said:
if u had the option of aircrew survival.................it would help lol............

there you go air crew survival. feel free to tell me some more air cadet ones that i may not have.

- hutch

condor888000 said:
Go 414.......all I'm saying......
lol if u wanna play like that............Go 418, 419, and 483 :p...........all I'M saying

WO2_mandal said:
they don't have bad leadership, as they are still pretty junior, they havn't developed their leadership abilities and potential as much as someone more senior to them.
im talking about my silver stars

i know they are not as develloped as myself, but there is a certain level of intelligence that i expect from them, that they just aren't achieving

favorite

Taught by a very strict and unfunny sgt.

Defecation and Urination in an NBCW environment.

Students can never keep a straight face!

(edit.. WHOOPS..  didn't realize this was in a CIC thread. But my answer still stands. Just wait until you have that lecture)

Trinity,

Did you perhaps mean defecation as opposed to deification?

I know that there are times I thank heaven when I 'sit down' '1st thing in the morning' but I'm pretty sure (at the risk of being blasphemious) that the two are different!
Trinity said:
Deification and Urination in an NBCW environment.

Students can never keep a straight face!
  ;)

Stop working on that essay!

Duke

Thats what I get for actually USING the spell check feature!!!!

More attention is needed when I'm typing.  I might need to
go over those essays....  I think I may have forgotten to resurrect Jesus.  :eek:

Public speaking, I laughed, I cried... I didn't pay attention.

It's fun, you get to hear stories which are ussually pretty funny, and pretty made up because the kids are like 13.

i would say my favorite classes to teach are fundamental training, bushcraft and citezenship. i like citezenship and fundamental training the most because they are full of history. not only do i love learning history but i also love teaching cadets about history. weather it be there corps, affiliated units, or just plain army cadet history. since i am really good at history i like to teach it. i would rather have someone that knows what they are talking about teach that PO that someone that knows nothing about it. also i like teaching the class on medals. i have a whole bunch or ww1 and ww2 medals that i can use as training aids. hey what can i say i am a history nut.

For our resident Sea Cadet(s) (me and perhaps 3 or 4 others) how about adding sailing??

geeze i thought this was supposed to be the Army POs...if you want a Sea cadet one or an air cadet one, create your own darn poll :D  :dontpanic:

Create a poll?? ??? That requires effort.....and.................................................................sleep......................

ouyin2000 said:
geeze i thought this was supposed to be the Army POs...if you want a Sea cadet one or an air cadet one, create your own darn poll :D   :dontpanic:

Thats what I thought until I saw the Air Crew survival option. Plus there aren't enough Sea Cadets to warrant needing a poll.
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/25541.0.html
This about sums it up as to why I shouldn't create a new poll. There were 13 voters, and 11 of them were Army cadets.

Edit: Grammar

Back