• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Favorite Issued Kit

Halifax Tar

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
The thread on the DEU sweater got me thinking.

And I think it might be time for a fun thread.

What's your favorite Issued Kit ?

Here's mine:

Thermos and scarf.

Attachments

• PXL_20221106_231651127.jpg
    PXL_20221106_231651127.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 29
The thread on the DEU sweater got me thinking.

And I think it might be time for a fun thread.

What's your favorite Issued Kit ?

Here's mine:

Thermos and scarf.
Hands down the fishing vest!

260canadian-army-cadpat-tactical-vest_9990365.jpg

Or the shower bag:

s-l500.jpg

Was supposed to be a raincoat I guess but it did a better job keeping me wet 😁

Hands down the fishing vest!

260canadian-army-cadpat-tactical-vest_9990365.jpg

Or the shower bag:

s-l500.jpg

Was supposed to be a raincoat I guess but it did a better job keeping me wet 😁

I'm trying to have a positive thread here lol

It's also a social experiment to see how many posts it takes to devolve into another Army Reserve whines and complaints thread.

;)

Last edited:
My 1982 pattern webbing. I could survive with it and the contents in a temperate climate for 24 hours minimum.

The issue Gerber is a favourite as well.

I was at a brief about the new stuff we got and the presenter said that the 82 pattern webbing was trialed in the competition and it beat all of the competitors.

I have a hunting rig that's basically the same thing.

It's also a social experiment to see how many posts it takes to o devolve into another Army Reserve whines and complaints thread.
I give it a dozen.

I was at a brief about the new stuff we got and the presenter said that the 82 pattern webbing was trialed in the competition and it beat all of the competitors.
...like a current competition? It would be hilariously ironic if 82 pattern was re-issued.

My choices for this include:

Yukon Hat

1667779376730.png

Wool tuque

1667779428807.png

DEU winter boots (the ones with the side zippers)

1667779451470.png

This reminds me - I need to spend some points...

My 1982 pattern webbing. I could survive with it and the contents in a temperate climate for 24 hours minimum.

The issue Gerber is a favourite as well.
I have the complete set of the 51 pattern webbing that I was first issued. Much more robust than the 82 pattern, but ditto OS.

The work dress Fudd hat. best piece of kit I was never allowed to wear.

We wore ours (with the flaps down) when I went through TQ3 in Borden back when the earth was cooling . . . freezing actually.

The oddest piece of issue kit I ever got was the swim trunks during BOTC at Chilliwack in the mid-1980s. I always thought they'd had been procured by a Quebecois; they were lime green budgie smugglers. And we didn't have the option of wearing anything else when we went to the pool.

Back