• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Fathers of dead soldiers laud Karzai plea

GAP

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Donor
Mentor
Reaction score
Fathers of dead soldiers laud Karzai plea
The Canadian Press September 19, 2007 at 11:07 AM EDT
Article Link

TORONTO — The fathers of two Canadian soldiers killed in Afghanistan are lauding Afghan President Hamid Karzai for urging Canadians to stay in his country, despite controversy over the war.

Dr. Tim Goddard, whose daughter, Captain Nichola Goddard, died in a Taliban ambush in the Panjwai district, said Mr. Karzai's message is something that Canadians needed to hear.

Dr. Goddard told CTV's Canada AM that the work Canadian soldiers are trying to do is important, and that it is important to everybody in Afghanistan.

Jim Davis, whose son, Corporal Paul Davis, died in the Kandahar area, said he too supports Mr. Karzai's appeal.

Mr. Davis said ordinary Canadians need to know more about the Afghan mission.

He said that calling the situation in Afghanistan a quagmire and then to insisting that the Canadian public is asking for a change in the mission is unfair, because Canadians cannot make that decision without information.
More on link

You should read some of the comments here -
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070919.wcankarz0919/CommentStory/National/home#comments
I had to stop after I hit the "Maybe they should rent the documentary Farrenheit 911 shown on CBC recently which will prove to them that our troops are there to protect the turf for the American pipe line from Turkmeninstan thru Afghanistan and Pakinstan to which the Taliban object."
LMAO!

Firstly, it takes balls for those Dads to stand up for the cause, and good on them for doing so. Proud Canadians, who's children answered the call for Canada, and paid the ultimate price with their young lives. I personally admire these Dads for their public opinions.

Now, on Conspiracy theory movies. They are designed to make $$$ and create contraversy, all at the cost of young lives, and the weak minded lefties feed on these movies. Like those selected phuckwhits in the above link. No doubt this topic discussed over some warm beer and a few bongs as they studied their welfare and or unemployment cheques, or read some left wing rag.

Michael Moore's mother should have had an abortion! Yes, and thats not harsh enough!

What a disgrace of a human being.

His freedom to express such crap was paid with the lives of two generations in the 20th century, and now another generation presently.

I am sure he sleeps soundly with a gut full of Big Macs in his belly. One day, they'll find him dead with a box of Crispy Cremes next to him, and maybe two hanging out of his mouth. Sorry but I have NO time for him, his movies, and his supporters.

I am sure he has more 'brilliant' ideas to put on to the big screen.

Film at 11.

Wes

my hat off to the two gentlemen.  At a time when MsM is going out of it's way to slag what we are doing in Kandahar and Afghanistan, the fathers of two of our fallen speak out, in support of use

CHIMO!

To the fathers of the soldiers, I applaud you. I applaud you not because your children paid the ultimate sacrifice, but because you yourself believed in the mission enough to speak out and support it, despite of the tragedies which has befell both of your families. Our soldiers need this kind of support. Now and in the future. We need citizens such as yourselves stand up, and stand with us. United in our strength and belief for this mission. Together we can help dispell the myths of our mission in Afghanistan. Together we can educate those who are not aware and those who don't care. I know we will not be able to reach the entire populace, but together, we can try.

Thank you both, gentlemen, for the comments and, more imporantly, the sacrifice.  We continue to mourn with you...

:salute:
:salute:

Back