• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Fallen Comrades Allied Forces

Benny it is the perfect place. You beat me to posting it, very moving.

Down here in Oz, the deaths were a day or two before one of the Bledisloe Cup (Rugby Union) matches between Oz and NZ.  It was nice to see that the Wallabies had thin black mourning bands on their jerseys.

benny88 said:
Seemed like the right place for this, move as appropriate.

Soldiers of the Royal New Zealand Infantry Regiment perform a haka in front of the hearse of 3 of their fallen comrades. If you're not a rugby fan, you may not know that a war haka is a dance that was originally performed by warriors before a battle, proclaiming their strength and prowess in order to intimidate the opposition. Glad these guys are on our team. Rest easy Cpl Tamatea, LCpl Baker, and Pte Harris.

Video at link:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10829992
:salute:
Gettin' kinda dusty in my office today.....

This album was posted on another site, but I figured some of the people here may appreciate seeing it. Tombs of the Unknown Soldier from around the world.

Sorry if this thread not the place for it, but it made sense to me.

Friend of mine Steve Holmes, a British Ammunition Technician, passed away on the weekend from a heart attack. 43 years old, 24 years of service, due to get married next weekend.  If you went to Kineton for a course there's a good chance you met him. 

R.I.P. Steve.

AmmoTech90 said:
Friend of mine Steve Holmes, a British Ammunition Technician, passed away on the weekend from a heart attack. 43 years old, 24 years of service, due to get married next weekend.  If you went to Kineton for a course there's a good chance you met him. 

R.I.P. Steve.

Sorry to read about the loss of your friend. Tragic .

Back