• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Facebook - the new haven for posers!

George Wallace said:
In compliance with the Charter of Human Rights and the Human Rights Commission, we have had to accept minorities into our midst. 

but but but

OK you win, (but I didn't start the hijack  ;D)

The Brits over on ARRSE have been on to the "Walt/Poser" thing for some time. They litterally have pages on these dudes and hound them until they remove themselves or print retractions.

Quite a good laugh if you are looking for some humour.

Strike said:
Socnet has the same thing for SEALs.

OOOOOOH! Those are the GOOOOD ones :D Those are rather funny :)

We should start one for JTF and CSOR too ;)

Redeye said:
Wes,

The pic is legit - it's a Vandoo MCpl if I remember right from seeing it the first time when it had a caption - the individual on Facebook is misrepresenting it as himself.

I've met MCpl Temmler and I'm 99.9% sure that is him. He's from a res unit out west.

George Wallace said:
So he isn't a Hasty P from Ontario?

He sure isn't.  Being such an elite Regiment (quite possibly the hardest Reserve Unit in NATO), we're a small bunch, and if he was from my Company, I'd probably know who he is!

He blocked me on facebook for calling him out - but I guess his stuff is still there.  What a knob.

Redeye said:
He sure isn't.  Being such an elite Regiment (quite possibly the hardest Reserve Unit in NATO)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  ;D, ok you owe me a new laptop for that one hehehehe (Ok I hope you were being funny)

Just for Shiggles myself I'll counter your Hasty P's in your above statement with the UKs 23 SAS (all res SF unit) or any USNG SF Bn.

But seriously on topic, the posing as memebers of something they are not is rampent on any military form or even social networking site, all you can do what you did do call them out. But be willing to eat crow publicly if you are wrong

Of course I was.  21 SAS as well is a TA unit.  And I'm not scared of crow - but pretty sure I'm good to go.

I looked for this critter on Facebook and can't find him. What's the name of the group he's part of? I love calling out posers.

His name is Glen Adam - the only group I saw that he was a member of was (oddly) the Lorne Scots Pipe Band.

I personally think that these posts about Glen Adam should be split off into their own thread ... thread title:

"Glen Adam NOT of the Hasty Ps is a poser"

That way anyone who ever googles "Glen Adams" or "Hasty Ps" or "poser" will get a nice clean google hit. Even ~gasp~ his mom.

I know one statement that will then follow (and ... it works like a charm on my kids each and every time I say it):

"I'm so disappointed in you."

Well, he's definitely gone.

One must wonder, if you're gonna pose, why pick a reserve regiment? We're usually very small communities. If you've been in for more than three weeks, odds are everyone knows you- and if you're deployed, the only people who DON'T know you (or at least of you) are those who've only been in for three weeks.

One would think it would be at least somewhat easier to fake a history from a reg force battalion, simply due to numbers...

Silly rabbit. Trix are for kids.

Just because you can't find him on Facebook doesn't mean he's not there.  He could have adjusted his profile so that only those on his friends list can see him.

Back