• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Facebook Keyboard warriors

It is regressing, because Saudi and the gulf states are spending billions to make all of Sunni Islam look like clones of them and to do their bidding. The Shias and Iranians are actually the lesser threat to the rest of the world in the long run and they are more interested in putting the boots to the Saudis first. I have never had an issue with an Ishmael (other than being sneaky on business deals) and have lived with them for 40+ years

I'm getting these clowns' ad's popping up in my newsfeed as well. Never clicked on it as I just assumed they were trying to sell me an offensive t-shirt.

It's certainly not the first time we have seen something like this and with the total immersion of social media connected culture in the current younger generation, it's only going to happen more and more.

Well, I'll be darned a site I was content to lurk on, gave me a reason to join up.

I have to say, I am impressed and happy with the opinion within the CAF, on this topic. I have hesitated for many reason the last 10 years on joining.

Reasons such as;
1-Not in shape
2-Wife and kids
3-Rascism and Islamophobia

Now I have decided to serve my country, one that I call home, my father, his father and his fathers father, have all called home as well. But I really am touched and impressed by you chaps and this site has help me decide to join.

Know that lots of minorities watch this forum and know that you guys look darn good.

Abdullah
Kamloops

p.s colin I dont completely agree, but I dont completely disagree. There is a large reformation effort going on within Islam, so give us some time.

p.s.s Im the same guy from cgn

If more Muslims were like my brother inlaw and Uncle inlaws, then Islam would not be suffering the problems it has and the stray cats of the world would be happy. Sadly even in their home country I fear they are quickly becoming the minority.

AbdullahD said:
Well, I'll be darned a site I was content to lurk on, gave me a reason to join up.

Welcome, and good luck with your preparations, application, and courses.

And keep posting.

AbdullahD,

Good Look and I have served with a few muslims in the army over the years (going all the way back to 1990 when I first enrolled).

Welcome AbdullahD,

I am muslim. I joined right after 9/11 and stayed until 2009. I'm in the process of re-enlisting now and I never hesitated once. My experience was very positive. I always, always, always felt I was one of the boys.

Will you hear racist or islamophobic comments? yes probably. Just like any organisation, people are entitled to their beliefs and opinions.

I am glad you didn't let these reasons prevent you from joining. Gool luck with the application process.

AD

Alpha dog said:
Welcome AbdullahD,

Will you hear racist or islamophobic comments? yes probably. Just like any organisation, people are entitled to their beliefs and opinions.

Welcome AbdullahD

Just remember that you will hear similar comments about all other races, ethnic or cultural background, sex, age, language, etc.  You will likely hear these thoughtless comments under various situations; but seldom are they reflective of the originators actually having true and hateful beliefs.  Most are just spur of the moment thoughtless comments.  In rare instances, it is the person of that ethnicity that may be the perpetrator of such comments.  I found that the majority of Newfie jokes I heard were from Newfoundlanders. 

AbdullahD said:

I have to say, I am impressed and happy with the opinion within the CAF, on this topic. I have hesitated for many reason the last 10 years on joining ...
Welcome to army.ca -- always good to hear from all sides of what can be contentious discussions.
Alpha dog said:
... Will you hear racist or islamophobic comments? yes probably. Just like any organisation, people are entitled to their beliefs and opinions ...
True, but, as in any organization:
1)  The number of idiots will rarely be zero.
2)  Try not to judge the whole organization based only on the idiots  ;D

milnews.ca said:
2)  Try not to judge the whole organization based only on the idiots  ;D

Of course, I wasn't judging the organization, but I can see that my previous message was poorly constructed and could be interpreted as such. Anyways, point is I had a great experience and 99.999% of the time, comments made by people were jokes to bug me...

AD

milnews.ca said:
Welcome to army.ca -- always good to hear from all sides of what can be contentious discussions.True, but, as in any organization:

1)  The number of idiots will rarely be zero.
2)  Try not to judge the whole organization based only on the idiots
With some simple editing, that could be on the site's front page.  ;D

:rofl:
Journeyman said:

Wow... acurrate...

Journeyman said:
:bowing:  I'm here all week - please try the veal ...

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, ill try to stick around ;)

I may pm a couple people, just so we dont derail this thread. But, having said that almost everything I want to ask, has been asked, so i dont see a dire need to create a redundant thread.

Talk more later, my daughter is "cooking" cookies and thats far more important then the interwebz ;) just didnt want to forget to reply.

Back