• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

F2000-What do you think?

GENOMS Solider said:
The C9 and C6. I heard that FN developes them, but isn't it DIMACO that produces them?
And going over to a general area; Our Phalanx 20mm CIWS on our navy ships, thats a Raytheon Corp. product, but they are produced I think in Calgary.
Just a with Glorified Ape's post.

The C6 and C9 are manufactured by FN Herstal in Belgium........at least thats what i have been taught 12 years ago.  Not all foreign designed weapons are built here under liscence.  The F-18s were not, the Harpoon missles on the CPFs  were not, CP-140s were not, CH-124s were not........The sea sparow missles on CPF are a raytheon product and they were built in the US...so were the CIWS.......

aesop081 said:
The C6 and C9 are manufactured by FN Herstal in Belgium........at least thats what i have been taught 12 years ago.   Not all foreign designed weapons are built here under liscence.   The F-18s were not, the Harpoon missles on the CPFs   were not, CP-140s were not, CH-124s were not........The sea sparow missles on CPF are a raytheon product and they were built in the US...so were the CIWS.......

Oh. I read off the Raytheons site that they just authorized upgraded devlopments for the CIWS in a plant in Calgary.
This is the press release;
      http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/micro_stories.pl?ACCT=742575&TICK=RTNB&STORY=/www/story/12-08-2004/0002590507&EDATE=Dec+8,+2004
But you are right about everything not being developed here.
I was just going on to  apiont of the effectiveness of producing the product here than in the products homeland.

GENOMS Solider said:
Oh. I read off the Raytheons site that they just authorized upgraded devlopments for the CIWS in a plant in Calgary.
This is the press release;
      http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/micro_stories.pl?ACCT=742575&TICK=RTNB&STORY=/www/story/12-08-2004/0002590507&EDATE=Dec+8,+2004
But you are right about everything not being developed here.
I was just going on to   apiont of the effectiveness of producing the product here than in the products homeland.

This is acontract to upgrade  and service the existing CIWS on canadian ships........read UPGRADE.....the systems were built in the US by Ratheon missle systems.

"LOL leftys learn fast how to use right handed equpitment,  if not then they have hot empty shells ejecting in their face LOL.

What about grenades though?  Do you have to switch the pin around or does it really matter the way you hold it in your hand?"

Not an issue with the FN 2000,the casings eject from the front,the weapon is totally ambidextrous,unfortunately it is also not all it is cracked up to be.

GENOMS Solider said:
The C9 and C6. I heard that FN developes them, but isn't it DIMACO that produces them?
And going over to a general area; Our Phalanx 20mm CIWS on our navy ships, thats a Raytheon Corp. product, but they are produced I think in Calgary.
Just a with Glorified Ape's post.

Diemaco has a service contract for the C9, and probably for the C6 as well, and allegedly infuriated FN by undercutting them for service contracts for other countries which use the FN Minimi (New Zealand in particular IIRC). 

hmmm looks like somthing that should be on star wars  ;D , still dont no if it could lay down more fire power than the c7 maybe  :akimbo:

purple peguin said:
hmmm looks like somthing that should be on star wars   ;D , still dont no if it could lay down more fire power than the c7 maybe   :akimbo:

Have you any first hand experience with the C7?

Ex-Dragoon said:
Have you any first hand experience with the C7?

wait...i've seens this happen before........maybe he's freinds with the guy from the sniper thread ?

Sorry fingers got the best of me, I was just going on what I knew ie. c7 30 rounds. And I was implying a question, my bad ill be more clear next time

PP my suggestion to you would be to read the FAQ and Guidelines before posting anymore. You will find things go much smoother when you do.

Back