• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Eyesight Requirements

Navy1234

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has heard of getting a waiver for thier eyesight.  The medical standards have changed which has bumped me to a 4 from a 3 and now I technically cannot apply to CSOR.  I will be getting laser surgery when I get a chance but between coursing and operational issues getting the time could be an issue.  The application requires a signature by the applicant stating they know they have no personel or administrative issues and the XO has to sign to the fact the applicant meets the basis prereqs which counts me out but I contacted cansofcom and recieved a reply stating that I should apply anyway and thier medical staff would make the call. I am still uncomfortable putting an application in because I know my eyesight doesn't technically fit the prereqs (which I would think counts as an administrative problem) and then I am asking the XO to sign something he knows not to be true.  Has anyone been in this situation? It would be great if I could get the application process rolling because my eyesight won't affect my ability to get the PT test or the interviews done.

Thanks

Signing something knowing it not to be true is a chargable offence.

Be up front about everything and it will all fall into place.....

Honesty and integrity are two of the paramount attributes that CANSOF looks for in their assaulter/operators/supporters...

Be honest and look to get laser eye surgery on your own dime. Both may benefit you in the long run.

Back