• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"Eye in the Sky" (with Helen Mirren)

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
EITS, I hope you're getting royalty payments  ;D

Has anyone seen this yet, from the director of "Ender's Game"From IMDB:
Col. Katherine Powell (Mirren), a military officer in command of an operation to capture terrorists in Kenya, sees her mission escalate when a girl enters the kill zone triggering an international dispute over the implications of modern warfare.

MV5BNTY4Nzg5MTU0OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjY2MjU2NzE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

No, but I want to even if only to see Alan Rickman in what must be his last film.  That, and I kind of fancy Helen too.

Saw it. A very good film. Alan Rickman & Helen Mirren are excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't seen it yet, but definitely want to.

Seems to me from the trailer that one of the themes in there is how politician will do anything, including screwing the military personnel who carried out their instructions in accordance with the rules of engagement they were given, to get out of the political fall-out of their own decisions.

Watched the movie last night.  Got me all worked up at the panty waisted politicians and lawyers who stick their fingers into the pie.  Haven't yelled at the TV like that for some time...

jollyjacktar said:
Watched the movie last night.  Got me all worked up at the panty  . . .

Got to that part of your post and immediately my thoughts ran to Helen Mirren and . . . . . excuse me, have to take a break.

Oldgateboatdriver said:
Seems to me from the trailer that one of the themes in there is how politician will do anything, including screwing the military personnel who carried out their instructions in accordance with the rules of engagement they were given, to get out of the political fall-out of their own decisions.
Just watched it last night, and while there is that (in spades), there's also a bit of ... corner-cutting/estimate situating by the military as well.  VERY good flick, showing the layers-on-layers that allow folks who don't want to make a decision, or don't want to be hung for a less-than-100%-certainty call, to seek more guidance.  It's the kind of film that might make a good PD flick, with LOTS of nodal/decision points to stop and discuss.

Back