• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

EX Cougar Salvo 2012

PatrickO said:
The signaller got a chance to flash a few NAUs and CI boxes, which was good. Any word if they're going to replace the CIs? There's got to be a faster way to change radio channels than the existing method. I need to stop before I start ranting and taking this thread off topic  :facepalm:

Your first 2 problems are normally solved by NAU flash, I've seen them before. 3rd sounds like a bad antenna or amplifier or a loose connection.  4th issue is common, seen it happen with the Bison as well, have to be careful with this one as if you have keymat in the radio it can zeroize your radio for you.

CIs are on the way out, I've heard they will be replaced with something similar to the CIS box that you find in Bisons or Coyotes that is programmable via laptop. The NAU is also getting a massive overhaul as well and I've heard outright removal, but I don't have much SA on that.

I heard the Brits had adopted our system and decided to put the "A" and "B" selector right on the IC toggle switch. What a novel idea. The CI is not touch friendly at all and with a lack of backlight it's near impossible to use without a headlamp.

Back