• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ex Charging Bison (Winnipeg)

My view of these protestors:
:brickwall:

I think that explains everything.

And to everyone going to this exercise: I wish you the best of luck, especially in the Winterpeg weather... right now it is -13C, and it is blowing winds, up to 50km/h.

OMFG

The naivety of these people never ceases to amaze me. To thing that they are so adamant that the CF is bolstering up illegal governments and is hated where ever the flag flies?????

WTF (shakes down turned head)

I am glad that the boys are stirring the pot on a number of their bloggs though.

GF

Loved that last site....lol..almost had me in tears...ohh god. How do these people deal with life. I know close the door and lock it!!! Sad so very sad.  :'(

Well all the talk about this ex CB06 the article was quit funny and i concur with most pepole the civys love us when we are helping the ie: the flood, BC fires, ice storms but when we want to train for real operation they freek. I think the EX will be a great opportunity for all involved it should be interesting as long as higher has it all worked out but if not it has the potential to be a big jug f**k as we are all use to so we will see. I hope that it all works well and hey who knows  the cops can have us help with some of the problems ah thats a pipe dream.

I find it incredibly ironic that they call for protesters and they will get a couple dozen from the local neighbourhood (the rest are too lazy to put down their joint and take the bus across town).  Yet the action they are protesting will involve a hundreds of volunteer soldiers.  I think that really sums up the national opinion of our operations and abilities.

Excellent
Notice when they are challenged by someone with the signs of cranium activity they revert to; "theyre preparing capture our cities."
some of the posts were genuinely hilarious,  "This is the beginning of a military takeover"
I am absolutely not joking one guy said that, he then referred to several articles all written in leftist websites.

I commented on the one site twice (different names to bolster pro-military numbers) one post was countering all their points, the other was just that quote by mills, the one that says war is not the worst, but the state of a person whom thinks nothing is worth fight for etc.
I encourage posts in order to knock the peaceniks off their perches as protectors of all things good.

:cheers:

Praetorian, and company

Welcome to Army.ca

Perhaps you would like to parouse our:

Army.ca Conduct Guidelines: MUST READ - http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/24937.0.html

FRIENDLY ADVICE TO NEW MEMBERS - http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/24937/post-259412.html#msg259412

You will find that we do not condon the Spaming of other sites from this one, no matter how funny you may think it is.

If you are condoning members of this site to become linked to other sites for this purpose, you will progress through our Warning System very quickly.  End result:  You could get Banned.

George
Staff

Very Sorry
Had no intention of spamming other sites nor condonning such an action
I merely attempted to point to them as examples of poorly informed persons
The website I was referring to has now stopped the blog because there was too many counter points

once again very sorry :'(

If we get frustrated with these peace activists, we must think that they can think another way, i.e. that we could argue with them and eventually prove them wrong.  (Otherwise we wouldn't get frustrated and would just ignore them, like I don't care what my cat thinks about the military.) 

That said, we must try to empathise (as best we can, though I do not believe 100% empathy is at all possible) with them and attempt to find the best parts of their argument.  Sure its superficially clever to poke fun at those peace activists who are too busy smoking weed to come to 'their own' protests, but, this attack on the weakest proponents of peace is simply knocking down a straw-man.  In the words of Antonio Gramsci, it is akin to 'a man who cannot sleep because of the moonlight and who exerts himself to kill as many fireflies as he can, convinced that the light will wane or dissapear.'

Surely we can agree that, even if there is no good argument for peace activism, there is a large and vocal part of Canadians who have some affinity to it.  To shut them out as irrational (without much reflexion) is to wall oneself off from free speech and perhaps further the military/civilian divide.

To say the protests that turn violent are caused by hatred is to use exactly the same theory that peace activists use against the military.  They see combat: they see disorder, they see murder.  To any military person, there is order in battle and while it might cause hatred (in specific instances), to say the reverse is confusing effects for causes.  I doubt many generals write their orders on the wrong end of a range, just as I doubt many of the protest planners hold meetings in gas chambers. 

Also, some of the persons protesting are the Communist party, which is distinctly anti-militarist and has been for its entire existence.  If anyone's position is well-thought-out, theirs is.

PS.  I know Gramsci, whom I quoted, was a communist but the straw-man fallacy is a common notion in argumentation & his wording was the most elegant knock against it.

just wondering anyone going on this ex...
its gonna be pretty hardcore from what our sgts are saying

This has got to be the most entertaining reading I have seen on the net in quite some time.

I decided to Google the name of the Ex the other night.  I couldn't stop laughing.  There are some absurd people out there.

I was just looking for some info on the huge Brigade ex thats comming up in Winnipeg, Charging Bison that I will be participating in. The first link I found was this,  http://stopthebison.friendsofgrassynarrows.com/

Take a look at it and let these idiots know what you think of them and their cause. I just can't believe some of these people. They see the CF as a threat to the citizenry. Its sad.

These people must have been foaming at the mouth when Mr Dithers released that "Soldiers....with guns, in our cities" ad.

At least you will have no trouble spotting their "jiffy pop" hats on the streets of Winnipeg.  ;D ;D ;D

Another bunch of uneducated winners..........

I love this country  :'(

As I said in another thread about Charging Bison, I think I will get that warm fuzzy feeling inside me watching people exercise the rights that I have sworn to protect.

Love that site:
"1000 soldiers" used in Quebec City during the protests or whatever it was.
"Canadian soldiers are peacekeepers only" routine.

They are using the commie "holy day" of 1 May as a rally day. 
My fave, though, the use of "land mines" in Gustafsen Lake!!!!!

You're right, A_Majoor, the jiffy pop hats must be BLINDING in the sunlight :D

:warstory:
Here's my helmet

Any thoughts on if the army will send troops from the Exercise to help with flood relief with the red river rising?

Back