• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Event at CFB Borden

foerestedwarrior said:
I have to work down in black down. Aslong as nothing breaks, I might make the long trip(range road is closed for the air show, so you have to go through angus) up top.

Ouch, I drove through there the other night. and got connaught flashbacks...  i hope you have a car!

anywho, back on topic...

Cpl Thompson said:
Ouch, I drove through there the other night. and got connaught flashbacks...  i hope you have a car!

anywho, back on topic...

Well luckily its only for the weekend....

They have been running up and down the runways with streetcleaners to make it all fancy for the weekend. Its kinda annoying, all I can hear in my office is them funning back and forth.

ill be working there somewhere for PRETC, as long as i get a view of whats going on in the air ill be happy, nothing rivals a fighterjet at full throttle >:D

Any good places to stay for the weekend?(and I don't mean the shacks!)

Barrie is about 20 minutes away from Borden and there are lots of hotels here.

D'oh. For some reason I had Meaford on the brain which I recall being in the middle of nowhere.

TMM said:
D'oh. For some reason I had Meaford on the brain which I recall being in the middle of nowhere.

Meaford is actually on the shore of nowhere   ;)

(unfortunately, that weekend also coincides with a Harley & BBQ Rib weekend in Gananoque. I'll miss Borden  ;D  )

There is at least one Bed and Breakfast in Midhurst, which just beyond Barrie to the north.
That is if you would prefer a more homey place to stay, that will also shave about 1 or 2 minutes off the commute to Borden.

Well, that week-end also happen to be the one of the
Saint-Jean-Baptiste (24th June).  ;D

add: and of the Grand prix of Canada (22,23, 24 of June)

Well there is always the booming metropolis of Angus, or even Alliston. They are about 5 and 10 minutes out of Borden. I know forsure there are some motels in Angus, though I am not forsure about Alliston.

If Angus has a hotel then Alliston has got to have one. Not much to do in Alliston or Angus if you plan on having a night out or something while you're in town. Barrie is good for that (If you like bars, the movies or restaurants).

Thanks for the info. Turns out we've decided not to stay the night and will just drive up from TO, seeing how Mr. TMM is on days now.

There is a rather large professional go-kart race happening in Barrie on the same weekend.  It's down by the water, and is going on both Saturday and Sunday, with FREE admission.

Just a little FYI if anyone feels like visiting the beautiful shores of Kempenfelt Bay before/after the air show.

Also, re: accommodation in Aliston - check out the Red Pine Hotel (smaller, but has a nice indoor pool), or the rather large and extravagant Nottawasaga Inn, both of which are on Highway 89.

Barrie has 2 Comfort Inns, 2 Travelodges, 2 Holiday Inns, a Best Western and a Howard Johnson (HoJo NOT recommended!).

Well the base is all geared up for it. Lots of stuff driving all around my office(on the airfield). Lots of LAV's, M113, Leopard(x1), some old jeeps, a couple HL's, a ton of MOD tentage.......looks like fun. Dont worry anyone that is comming up that doesnt know the base real well. There is alot of signs to direct you to parking.

Back