• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ETA of files return from Borden?

pipstah

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all,
i just had a little question. How long it takes normally to the recruiting center get back your medical? Does the situation right now make that Borden people are **** loaded... it makes almost 2 months that i‘m waiting for my medical... everything is passed except my medical...

Mine was sent off March 26th 2004 and came back May 12th 2004. Should‘nt be too much longer pip!

Generally speaking from what I have been told is 3-6 weeks it takes, if their is a problem it could take up to 8 months for them to notify you.

Well I was searching the forums the other day and people were saying how they "picked up the pace" with the medicals, so hopefully it can be sooner than you think.

Give them a call and ask them whats going on

i was told that they are loseing too many ppl for the reserves that they are changing the rule so they don‘t have to wait for the medicals to be sent back anymore.
was told that good chance this would be official june 1st

not to be a party pooper but I‘ve been waiting since feb 24 (PRes applicant)
and still no word, so I‘m beginning to have a hunch that something is up wrt my file.

Originally posted by Symchyshyn:
[qb] not to be a party pooper but I‘ve been waiting since feb 24 (PRes applicant)
and still no word, so I‘m beginning to have a hunch that something is up wrt my file. [/qb]
I‘ve also applied for PRes (March/04). I was concerned with not having gotten word so I called the unit I hope to be joining. It found out there was an issue with ERC. I investigated further and pretty much determined it be an issue regarding my credit history. My point is give them a call. Perhaps there‘s a similar issue with your application (not to say it‘s credit related). At the very least you‘ll get an update.

Hi Kurbo did you call to find out what‘s up with this credit history? Hope you find out soon I know how it feels to be waiting. I‘m going reg and I‘ve applied early Febuary just waiting for the ERC.

Hi Cath,

I called just over a week ago to see if my medical made it to Borden. I had to get a follow-up completed by my Dr. The Sgt confirmed it was there but told me of this ‘ERC‘ issue. She had no details of it, but all I could think of was a possible credit issue. She also told me that I should be called within a week for clarification. I spoke with her yesterday and after a couple of transfers I spoke with a Capt who had my file. He commented that there was a ‘hit‘ on my ERC and added that that it must have to do with a criminal record or maybe a debt going to collections. Since I have no record, I quickly fig‘d out the deal. Long story short, I‘m in the process of getting confirmation of a paid debt (from sev‘rl years ago) fwd‘d to him. Also, my med file is still in Borden.

Congrats on passing your med though! Sounds like your very close :)

not to be a party pooper but I‘ve been waiting since feb 24 (PRes applicant)
and still no word, so I‘m beginning to have a hunch that something is up wrt my file.
[/qb]
I had the same hunch up until about 10 days ago.

My file was supposed to be sent on March 1st. I was told specifically that it WAS sent. I called 3 times after 6 weeks had gone by, and was told the first 2 times that my file was "still in Borden". The third time, I actually got to speak to the medical Sgt, who informed me that the medical Dept. was never notified that I completed my interview, and therefor my file was never sent to Borden.

Now my medical is over 6 months old, my PT results are good for about another 10 weeks, and I‘m moving across the country in 7 days, which is sure to snafu my file even more.

My point with this little tangent is just to encourage you to call the recruiting center, speak to whoever is in charge of the medical dept., and get a definitive answer about why your file has been MIA for so long.

I just got off the phone with an officer from the recruiting center and they told me that they are down to a single officer reviewing the medical files in Borden. ie. my chances of attending BMQ on June 28 is not looking good.

Darn you think they would have more people on it. Ohwell, that July 1st thing looks promising :D
i was told that they are loseing too many ppl for the reserves that they are changing the rule so they don‘t have to wait for the medicals to be sent back anymore.
was told that good chance this would be official june 1st

Originally posted by Kurbo:
[qb] I‘ve also applied for PRes (March/04). I was concerned with not having gotten word so I called the unit I hope to be joining. It found out there was an issue with ERC. I investigated further and pretty much determined it be an issue regarding my credit history. My point is give them a call. Perhaps there‘s a similar issue with your application (not to say it‘s credit related). At the very least you‘ll get an update. [/qb]
I‘ve been talking to both my recruiting contact officer and the Sgt Med Tech- both here at CFRC Wpg, and they both have told me that all they can tell me is that it was sent in and its status is still in Borden...

It looks like this is almost a cross country problem.

I was told I should recieve a call soon, in about April.  Well, its June in 2 days and still no call.  Just keep calling the recruiting office, and then your unit then the recruiting office then your unit again to check in everynow and then.

I was told 2 weeks ago my file and everything is good, and I would be good to go for the summer, yet still no call.  So its back to calling them next week.

I think it just become a problem especially for students who are trying to get summer jobs in and are kept waiting.  I guess thats just a quirk of the process though.

Back