• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Essex Scottish regiment - Deippe

Jetblack

Inactive
Reaction score
Good morning Gentlmen,
Following the passing of my auntie, I have become the keeper of information & items which belonged to my late uncle Len Edward Watts.
Len was in the essex scottish regiment from around 1930. He should have gone to Dieppe, but I belive he was retained for training purposes by the army, so trained the chaps but never went. I can remember asking him about Dieppe as a kid, but tearfully all he said was he lost many many very good freinds, that was as far as he would go.
Anyway, I have in my possession some personel items, photographs & a rememberance day regimental program from 1931 signed by many of the offcers & men of the regiment, some of the information will possibily show a lot of the chaps before the Dieppe raid I belive. I also have other items which I belive should go back to the regiment or the regiments museum for perpituity, its not a lot, but should be retained.
Please advise if there is such a museum, or please pass this information to the keeper of the regiments history so they may contact me directly, I can then give the items to the correct people.
Or could anyone please pass this information to the right people, asking them to contact me. My e-mail is jetblack57@btopenworld.com, my name is Jeff Noakes. I live in portsmouth England. Many thanks for reading this & thanks for any help in advance.  Best regards Jeff.

You can contact the Adjudant of the Essex & Kent Scottish by calling the Orderly Room at 519-254-2535.

Mr "Jetblack".  I was successful in passing your information to the Operations Officer of the Essex and Kent Scottish Regiment.  Hopefully someone will contact you shortly.

Best reserve unit in the CF!  Hold your head high for your uncle's contribution to Windsor and Canadian history.

There's a reason the focal point of downtown Windsor is called Dieppe Park.

Timing is everything. Check this link for some E-K Scots news.
Windsor Dieppe Memorial draws praise

Tears flow in tribute to E-K Scottish

Read more: http://www.windsorstar.com/news/windsor/Dieppe+Memorial+praised/3420163/story.html#ixzz0xC3lZncG
:salute:

Back