• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ERYX Misfire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sighhhh yet we continue the farce of teaching a weapon we never use. 

I agree,on my ISWQ we spent 2 weeks on it,thats unreal considering I will never use it.

MJP said:
Sighhhh yet we continue the farce of teaching a weapon we never use. 

Like has always been said: "Never say never"  We were near getting rid of our MBTs altogether a very short while ago because they were becoming "obsolete" and the high-ups couldnt see them being used for anything. But look at where we are now, the very pieces of equipment which we never thought would be used are being used.  Who's to say that the ERYX is not to be used unexpectedly in the near future?

Yea do you want to fire the Eryx overseas?  Don't get me wrong I WANT a bad ass MBT killing missile, I just don't want the unwielding and (as few have seen in a few incidents) unreliable Eryx missile backing me up.

MJP said:
Yea do you want to fire the Eryx overseas?  Don't get me wrong I WANT a bad *** MBT killing missile, I just don't want the unwielding and (as few have seen in a few incidents) unreliable Eryx missile backing me up.

Yeah, I see what your saying and I agree with it to a degree. I'm glad that there is the ERYX backing us up, but I would be more than happy to have them replaced with more of the TOW systems.

No offense but TOW can stay on the vehicle.  Spike-Gill or the Javelin for my Fire and "get the hell down" Forget @ss.

Future Unknown said:
yes I understand that it blows up when it hits the target, but is there a programed arming distance? a certian distance it has to be away from the launching point for it to be able to explode?, you'd think with a newer advanced system like this it would be possible to do that.

Edit: answered my question before I asked it

Yeah, but remember Murphy's Law.

Something already broke in there, what is the guarantee something else wont?

MJP said:
No offense but TOW can stay on the vehicle.  Spike-Gill or the Javelin for my Fire and "get the hell down" Forget @ss.

i was about to ask you how you felt about Javellin, thanks

I don't know if any of you have seen this, but appears to be Canadian.  Watch it to the end, seems to be a dud fire.  I don't even know if this is real but I assume it is.

http://www.koreus.com/media/missile-anti-tank.html

Any comments? 

Poopkorn, way to go. READ THE ENTIRE THREAD and watch the bleedin video on page one, it will look familiar, then you can sit with the grown ups and talk.

For the other guys..

TOW rocks but MUST be vehicle mounted. (Tripod not very useful)

Eryx blows, end of discusion. The French first designed it in like 1986 or so.

Javelin, not as good as spike but with the US/UK/Aussies and the New Zealand all using it, lets get on boards with the rest of the team.

ArmyRick said:
Poopkorn, way to go. READ THE ENTIRE THREAD and watch the bleedin video on page one, it will look familiar, then you can sit with the grown ups and talk.

Thanks for the kind reply ArmyRick, you seem like a friendly guy, I didn't post that link here one of the mods must have moved it in here.  I had searched ahead of time but didn't see anything with this link

If one of the mods moved it in there, then exactly what video did you want us to look at?

Its either a dud or a misfire, by the way.

If that video in your link is the one you are refering to then yes we have already answered the question on wether they are Canadians. 

Am I a friendly guy? Oh yeah. Really friendly as you can tell by my tone. Beat it or read all the previous pages,  :mad:

And one more thread is locked as it enters a death spiral.

Normal caveats apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back