• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Entering RMC this fall! (2011)

RMC. Signals Officer and I am from Halifax, Nova Scotia. Transferring from PRes and still waiting on contract and transfer dates.

RMCC Kingston, CELE(air), Computer Engineering (or Science) from Saskatoon, Sk!

Renwick said:
are there any other old people like me entering this fall??  29 and a little nervous about it

I'm 21 and I reckon I will be older than quite a few of them 17-19 year olds fresh out of high school. However I did my basic with some Ocdts who were in their 30s-40s who had recently joined up. Long story short: you won't be the oldest but you'll be at (past) the top of the age bell curve!

See you all there!

RMC St Jean, taking Military and Strategic Studies as a MARS Officer.  I swear in on 20 Jul and report on the 30th.

Has anyone heard the housing and meal fees for CFB Kingston while we go there?

Sapper01 said:
Has anyone heard the housing and meal fees for CFB Kingston while we go there?

You are 2 to a room.  Depending on which building you are in will depend on your Rations and Quarters however it is usually about $600 per month.  Your take home pay is about $280 twice a month.

Kaveman said:
RMCC Kingston, CELE(air), Computer Engineering (or Science) from Saskatoon, Sk!

I'm 21 and I reckon I will be older than quite a few of them 17-19 year olds fresh out of high school. However I did my basic with some Ocdts who were in their 30s-40s who had recently joined up. Long story short: you won't be the oldest but you'll be at (past) the top of the age bell curve!

See you all there!

Thanks... you're 21.. that makes me feel a whole lot better. HAHA  ;D

Kaveman said:
I'm 21 and I reckon I will be older than quite a few of them 17-19 year olds fresh out of high school.

I reckon that, at 21, you will be older than all of them 17-19 year olds fresh out of high school. You could possibly be older than 20 year olds too, you just never know.

MARS officer coming from Medicine Hat, AB (CFRC Calgary), transfering from Res BOSN. Flying out 27th August to RMC Kingston.

Anybody with insight on the dress code for civilian attire at RMCSJ? Joining instructions say collared shirts and casual pants, but I've heard otherwise from friends at Kingston and I was wondering how it is at SJ. I start packing today so advice would be greatly appreciated.

CDN Aviator said:
I reckon that, at 21, you will be older than all of them 17-19 year olds fresh out of high school. You could possibly be older than 20 year olds too, you just never know.

Touché. That will teach me for not proof reading for ambiguities. What I had intended to say was that at 21 I assume I will be older than quite a few of the Cadets (most of whom I am assuming are late teens).

FWIW, I found your reply very chuckle inducing.

From what I have heard they have accepted about 250 to RMC Kingston this year.... People who got accepted to CMR are required to do a preliminary year to gain some more experience before they can be admitted to RMC.  I believe the combined total was around 450. But Hey, what do I know....... will see you at RMC boys and girls. 

Naval Combat Systems Engineering Officer from Quebec City, will be heading to Saint-Jean from august 14 to august 26 and then to Kingston to study computer engineering. Can't wait to be there  ;)

Computer Engineering @ RMC Kingston. Sworn in Aug 10th, fly out to St-Jean on the 13th. Talk about cutting it close...

NicLeBel said:
Naval Combat Systems Engineering Officer from Quebec City, will be heading to Saint-Jean from august 14 to august 26 and then to Kingston to study computer engineering. Can't wait to be there  ;)

Sweet! NCSe over here too! See ya there!

Renwick said:
From what I have heard they have accepted about 250 to RMC Kingston this year.... People who got accepted to CMR are required to do a preliminary year to gain some more experience before they can be admitted to RMC.

Not true. RMC St-Jean also accepts cadets directly into their first year.

I am transferring from PRes to ROTP and will see many of you at CFLRS and RMC Kingston very soon. My time in the reserves means I will be paid as a Private (Increment 1). I am curious as to whether anyone happens to know what I would be looking at for take home dollars per paycheck? I am talking after taxes, rations and quarters, and any other deductions. Thanks in advance.

Infantry Officer from Montreal, going into Psychology at the RMCC on the 27th of August!
And Charlie82, I'm in the same position as you right now, I've transferred from a PRes regiment with all that follows. From what I heard, our Pte1 pay scale means that we get about a thousand more monthly, though I don't know how much it'll leave you after the whole deductions.
See you all there!

I was also getting kind of nervous (reporting 27th). Hearing about everyone leaving already is making me more and more excited to get out there.
See you all there!

Charlie82 said:
I am curious as to whether anyone happens to know what I would be looking at for take home dollars per paycheck? I am talking after taxes, rations and quarters, and any other deductions. Thanks in advance.

Regular deductions are around $1000, probably a little less in first year. You'll be looking at a take home of around $1600 a month.

Back