• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Entering RMC this fall! (2011)

DanaChoi

Inactive
Reaction score
I just created this thread because I'm curious about everyone else who got accepted to RMC like me :) ... now that the application process is done we don't have to fish through pages and pages of posts regarding ESSAY, INTERVIEW, aptitude test, etc etc etc.  man that whole process was such a ball buster. Thank god all of the paperwork and the long interview is done and OVER WITH!!!
SO anywho, YES, TELL US your trade, and where you're coming from! :)

I'll start bahaha. So I got accepted to RMC as Signals Officer and I'm coming from TORONTO!

alright so for those of you who are wondering when we will be getting our joining instructions package, INFORMATION IN GENERAL, I called CFRC Toronto and they told me that we get EVERYTHING on the day of our ceremony. Mine is on July 20th, so I guess that applies to all the people from GTA?

and yes of course, i'm sure everyone knows that our orientation camp will take place at CFLRS from august 15th - 26th! Then, we'll be heading to Kingston! =)

RMC Kingston. Aerospace Control Officer from Vancouver, BC.

RMC Kingston. MARS Officer from Ottawa, ON. My swearing in ceremony is July 15, and I leave August 13. I really cannot wait :)

MOTHforLife said:
RMC Kingston. MARS Officer from Ottawa, ON. My swearing in ceremony is July 15, and I leave August 13. I really cannot wait :)

I leave Ottawa August 12th apparently, for CFLRS....RMC Kingston, ACSO.

RMC Kingston, Marine Systems Engineering Officer. Fly out 13 August. From Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.

RMC Kingston, Air Combat Systems Officer, Aerospace Engineering. Coming from Kelowna, BC. Swearing in is July 27th in Vancouver :cdn:

RMC Kingston. Construction Engineer Officer from Cape Breton, NS. My transfer goes through 12 August as well.

Sapper01 said:
RMC Kingston. Construction Engineer Officer from Cape Breton, NS. My transfer goes through 12 August as well.

Is your local CFRC Sydney? Im being sworn in 3 August. Maybe we're flying out together  :salute:

Racho said:
RMC Kingston, Air Combat Systems Officer, Aerospace Engineering. Coming from Kelowna, BC. Swearing in is July 27th in Vancouver :cdn:

I'll see you at YVR on July 27th.

Azeem said:
Is your local CFRC Sydney? Im being sworn in 3 August. Maybe we're flying out together  :salute:

I'm already in the CF so I don't need to be sworn in and I'm taking a POMV. Sorry bro lol.

CadetRac said:
2011Applicant are you completing just your first year at St Jean and subsequent years at Kingston? Because I am very interested why or how some of us were chosen to do so, and what the transfer from schools is like.
That's what my file manager told me at least.
He said it's a first common year at RMC St Jean and then subsequent at Kingston.
Also he said something about it being because they ran out of beds in Kingston, so the overflow goes to St Jean. This makes sense though, cause they were accepting a lot more RMC ROTP than previous years.
I'm going to ask about the transfer when I go in to sign my papers on 20 July; it's been kind of confusing to me as well.

CadetRac said:
2011Applicant are you completing just your first year at St Jean and subsequent years at Kingston? Because I am very interested why or how some of us were chosen to do so, and what the transfer from schools is like.

I did my first year at RMCSJ and then transferred over to RMC so I can speak to that. The transfer between the schools is a lot smoother now then it was when I first did it two years ago but you will still obviously have some adjusting to do. In terms of how they decide who goes to RMCSJ vs RMC that is somewhat of a mystery and I can't help you with that.

If you have any more specific questions feel free to ask.

2011Applicant said:
Also he said something about it being because they ran out of beds in Kingston, so the overflow goes to St Jean. This makes sense though, cause they were accepting a lot more RMC ROTP than previous years.

That's odd, I had heard that they accepted significantly less this year. But I suppose thats all hearsay really.

RMC Kingston, Pilot. I'll be leaving Prince George, BC, and I will also be swearing in on the 27th of July at YVR. See you then.

RMC-Saint Jean for first year, 2-4 at RMC-Kingston. Air Combat Systems Officer. Coming from Burlington, ON (CFRC Hamilton)

pudd13 said:
That's odd, I had heard that they accepted significantly less this year. But I suppose thats all hearsay really.

RMC Kingston, Pilot. I'll be leaving Prince George, BC, and I will also be swearing in on the 27th of July at YVR. See you then.

It's really hard to quote some of the things that recruiters tell you, because everyone seems to hear something different.
The exact number I got was 473 acceptances out of ~3000. Whether or not that is more or less than normal is beyond me.

RMC Kingston
Sigs O
from Fredericton, NB
transfer date from Reserves TBD.

are there any other old people like me entering this fall??  29 and a little nervous about it

Sapper01 said:

Transfer date is not 24 August and I will be heading up 27 august.

Back