• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Employment History Record

dangles

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

I am applying to a position that requires you to list all of your previous employment in a detailed manner with dates outlining when you started and finished employment. I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to obtain a detailed employment history record which would state all the places you've worked and when you started and left the position? I've had quite a bit of jobs and I figure I might miss a position or mess up the dates.

I tried the search feature, and looked on Service Canada, but the only thing I could find on Service Canada was an option to check your ROE's electronically. This worked somewhat, however I only have 3 ROE's I can check and I have held a good amount more than 3 jobs in my lifetime.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

How many jobs have you had ? Usually memory is all you need.Sounds like you might be applying for the CF.I am not CF but most government applications no matter the country are the same.Be as honest as you can be,include the business name,address,phone and who your supervisor was.The vetters will then go to work.Good luck.

Thanks for the advice, I thought there would be a tool that would help me find them (especially the start and end dates) but apparently this does not seem to be the case.

What might help is to sit down and start from your first job and work your way to the most recent.Maybe your tax returns might be a good resource.

Ah yes, good call on the tax returns, I will definitely try that. I know my first jobs and my last jobs, I just would hate to leave one out in between/get the dates completely wrong.

In the US we have whats called a W-2 its supplied by the employer,for you to file with your return.I suspect Canada might have a similar document.Good Luck

tomahawk6 said:
In the US we have whats called a W-2 its supplied by the employer,for you to file with your return.I suspect Canada might have a similar document.Good Luck

The equivalent Canadian document is called a T-4.

Back