• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Elemental Change for Purple Trades - Reserves

ArmyVern said:
What's the actual issue here because I see NONE; just a bunch of whining.

I honestly don't think I am whining.  I thought it was a legitmate question, open for debate and perhaps to get some better insight then "just wear the army uniform because I say so". 

Yes the job is more important then the Uniform because I like working with the CF and enjoy facing new challenges.  Therefore, when the time finally comes, I will change my element for the two years and then will apply to return to the element I choose to join in the first place.

:cdn:  :salute:

ArmyVern said:
Because they would be the one's writing his paycheque. Plain and simple. And, dude obviously needs the job --- else he wouldn't be taking it. The person joining the Unit is trying to get an f'n job there isn't he?

Damn, I'd wear a french maids uniform if it meant a steady paycheque.

What's the actual issue here because I see NONE; just a bunch of whining.

The Unit has their Army Clerk and is going to write that cheque out ... and the dude has his job.

If, as he keeps insisting, the uniform has frig all to do with it, then just change it already, build a freakin' bridge and get over it. Funny that the guy saying that his uniform colour makes no difference is the only one whining when he's got what he wanted too --- he just isn't getting the uniform colour he wants. So, I guess the uniform colour really does make a difference then eh?

Even if  I could afford Vern's French Main uniform rates (bad joke)  ;D

I did not know my post rated a double post to be rebutted.

PM me for my rates Kratz ...

I may have a sale going on right now; or not.  8)

orca73 said:
"Funny side note, I will be one of the few Army dressed individuals with the SSM on in an Infantry unit.  :rofl:

Not really. You'd be surprised at who managed to get this over the 4 plus decades we were in Europe, especially in LFAA, where a lot of former regs end up joining their "home town" reserve units after a career in the regs. Also I would say the PLF in Halifax may have a few both for the above reason and the fact that through most of the 1980's they were tasked with providing the 4CMBG brigade Def Pla and sent troops over a regular basis year after year, not hard to rack up the 180 days.

Besides LFAA has a long tradition of weird and wonderful bling. I remember a Snr NCO in the 1st Bn Nova Scotia Highlanders who had Dolphins on his DEUs. Joined the Navy as a young un, spent time on the O boats and after he came home was bored and joined the local reserve unit and worked his way up.

As for the rest of this thread, meh too early on a Monday to comment.

Para 9 of the Dress Manual states the following:

Ref:  A-AD-265-000/AG-001

CHAPTER 2
POLICY AND APPEARANCE
SECTION 1
DRESS POLICY
AUTHORIZED UNIFORMS

9. CF members are allocated environmental identity and uniformed according to the functional
branch to which they belong, with each branch manned by individuals from one or more
environments. In addition, Reserve members of a branch identified with more than one environment are allocated an identity on initial enrolment which:

a. for the Primary Reserve, matches that of their unit, i.e. navy in the Naval Reserve;
army in the Militia; air force in the Air Reserve; and army in the Communication
Reserve, unless the initial unit’s assignment is in the functional navy or air
force; and

b. for direct entry Supplementary Reservists, matches that of their initial assignment or is
in accordance with instructions by the Branch Adviser.

10. Once assigned, environmental identity is retained for a career. Thus, while the majority of members in environmental commands and units are uniformed alike, some differ, reflecting the unified nature of the CF.

Our Reserve Brigade has several individuals in it who are Air Force and Navy.  Their dress of the day is CADPAT with the name tag identifier, rank and tshirt annotating their environment.  In celebration of the Navy Anniversary, the Bde Comd auth Naval Work Dress to be worn as Dress of the Day.

Danjanou said:
--- Quote from: orca73 on 15 April 2011, 20:41:00 ---"Funny side note, I will be one of the few Army dressed individuals with the SSM on in an Infantry unit.  :rofl:

--- End quote ---

Not really. You'd be surprised at who managed to get this over the 4 plus decades we were in Europe, especially in LFAA, where a lot of former regs end up joining their "home town" reserve units after a career in the regs. Also I would say the PLF in Halifax may have a few both for the above reason and the fact that through most of the 1980's they were tasked with providing the 4CMBG brigade Def Pla and sent troops over a regular basis year after year, not hard to rack up the 180 days.
I think she meant SSI, not SSM.

Aerobicrunner said:
Para 9 of the Dress Manual states the following:

Ref:  A-AD-265-000/AG-001

CHAPTER 2
POLICY AND APPEARANCE
SECTION 1
DRESS POLICY
AUTHORIZED UNIFORMS

This guy is actually transferring to the PRL (ie: Army); he will no longer be on the NavRes (Navy). Nor is he simply "being posted short-term & non-permanently with a bungee cord attached by the NavRes to pull him back at the end of his contract" as he is not RegF.  He is not going to be a "NavRes owned guy temporarily employed at a Land Force Unit" which then would equal wearing a Navy Uniform in an Army Unit, but not in this case.

He is actually switching enviornments. Happens ALL the time --- even in the RegF. I was one; trade never changed but I went from blue to green. Also happens with re-musters from the infantry who wear Army uniforms and then switch to a purple trade --- they do NOT, necessarily, keep their Army uniforms and many are required to change them out; exactly based on manning lists.

Jim Seggie said:
Yeah whatever. Whining and complaining because you have to change elements is good too.

When a Ref Force infanteer retires and moves to the Reserve Force....he has to change uniform accoutrements.

And if he or she is really lucky, they get to don a kilt!  :piper:

daftandbarmy said:
And if he or she is really lucky, they get to don a kilt!  :piper:

*ouch* Out of the navy jokes and jumping into the kilt jokes.

Where are those French Maid uniforms issued?  ;D

kratz said:

Aren't French Maid uniforms black and white................sort of 'Salt and Pepper'?    >:D

Jim Seggie said:
Riigghhhhht....... ;)

I dunno Jim, you could always get Kilted mess kit.  8)

attachment.php

ArmyVern said:
This guy is actually transferring to the PRL (ie: Army); he will no longer be on the NavRes (Navy). Nor is he simply "being posted short-term & non-permanently with a bungee cord attached by the NavRes to pull him back at the end of his contract" as he is not RegF.  He is not going to be a "NavRes owned guy temporarily employed at a Land Force Unit" which then would equal wearing a Navy Uniform in an Army Unit, but not in this case.

He is actually switching environments. Happens ALL the time --- even in the RegF. I was one; trade never changed but I went from blue to green. Also happens with re-musters from the infantry who wear Army uniforms and then switch to a purple trade --- they do NOT, necessarily, keep their Army uniforms and many are required to change them out; exactly based on manning lists.

I was really happy to see the posting by Aerobicrunner and got my hopes up but after a lunch time chat with the CC,  I am actually being transferred to the Unit's establishment and that is why the CO has "ordered" the change of uniform.  I might have had a chance if I had been put on LFAA's PRL list instead, as these larger list may contain any of the 3 elements.  I know for sure, if you transfer to MARCOM PRL (Naval Reserve Listing for those individuals who do not fall into the normal NR positions) are not required to change their element. 

In the end I think ArmyVen is right and I will have to wear the Green DEU once the transfer eventually goes through.  I was really hoping there was another answer.  I will bring up the Reference made by Aerobicrunner and see what the Unit says.  :'(

On a tiny side not, I am not a he but actually a she.  ;)

kratz said:

This thread sounds like I should be posting:

ArmyVern - I'll bring the chaps if you bring the French Maid uniform

kratz - You had better look good in a kilt
;)  ;)

Back