• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

element change

PMedMoe said:
But normally only trades one OTs to get into.  For instance, PMed starts at QL5 but I was QL3 qualified as a Med Tech.  ;)

True.......Until they open it/them up to hiring off the street.    ;D

ArmyVern said:
~Whew~

That means no one is going to show up here at the base today looking to strip my uniform off of me.

Well now I wouldn't be so sure of that, it seems a few on here would volunteer for that job anyway.  >:D

Five years after the completion of QL3's?  Jesus...that's going to be about 6-7 years from now.

A course mate of mine, who had applied as an Army Log O, and then found out that this summer he'd be doing CAP, decided to switch to Navy and now he'll be doing NETPO this summer.

If he decides in x years he wants to switch back to Army, are they going to make him do CAP?

If not, (this comment is not directed towards the OP) it seems like a cheap way of getting out of a good course just because you're lazy (albeit, I have no idea what NETPO entails, although I have been told it's not physical whatsoever) and still getting something you haven't rightfully earned...

ballz

In all likelihood, (the example of your friend that you gave) he would have to do CAP, or whatever it will be called now and later, should he decide that Navy is not his cup of tea.  I have seen Captains doing the CAP portion of training in the past.

i submitted a memo through my chain of command, to change from airforce to army, as it is just a deu change for me as i am a purple trade (medic). i was just told that because i only have 3 years after my ql3 that my officer isn't pushing it higher. cause apparently you need 5 years with one reference i got off here, i been the military going on 7 years all as a medic, but because of injuries and training waits  it took till Jan 2010 for me to get my 3's, i guess my question is do i still have to wait two years? and are they allowed to do that ?

medic1sd said:
i submitted a memo through my chain of command, to change from airforce to army, as it is just a deu change for me as i am a purple trade (medic). i was just told that because i only have 3 years after my ql3 that my officer isn't pushing it higher. cause apparently you need 5 years with one reference i got off here, i been the military going on 7 years all as a medic, but because of injuries and training waits  it took till Jan 2010 for me to get my 3's, i guess my question is do i still have to wait two years? and are they allowed to do that ?

Has NO impact what so ever on unit operations, so what's the big deal? 

If the reference you got from here (at least that's how I read your comment) was the one I posted here, the required time after completion of MOC training is five years.  Your time in the CF has nothing to do with it.  And yes, they are allowed to not approve your request.

DAA said:
Has NO impact what so ever on unit operations, so what's the big deal? 

Cost savings maybe?    :dunno:

Could be that they are trying to maintain a certain ratio. 

George Wallace said:
???

Not likely.

Very likely actually.  Each purple trade has a set % of folks that should be in each element and the career shop(s) tries to balance it based on those %s

Yes, for the CE trades it used to be 60/40 (air/army) but we got it changed to 50/50.  Right in the middle of the Afghan conflict we were getting inondated with requests to change to army because the younger generation thought that it was "sexy".  We had to put some control measures in place to try maintain said ratio.

After further review, CANFORGEN 029/02 applies and this is also the current policy shown in the CF Dress Manual (APM-265), Chap 2, Sect 1, para 10. NOTE.

Summed up, the policy applies ONLY to support MOS ID's (ie; occupations where the managing authority is NOT CMS, CLS or CAS) and "the member must have served five years beyond the successful completion of MOS ID training" for starters.

I recently accepted a VOT to a purple trade. During my application process with the BPSO I had mentioned to him that I wanted to switch to Army (from Air Force). When I got my VOT message it stated that I was still Air Force and when noticed and asking the BPSO about it he mentioned that he forgot to add the change in the application that if I still wanted to do it that I should put a memo up my CoC. Is this still address to D MIL C? I saw the CANFORGEN 029/02 though another topic on the forums but that was back in 2013. Also is this just a standard memo of who I am, what I want, and why? And how good do my reasons have to be? Mine are basically just my family have been in the Air Force and the Navy but never the Army and I honestly just prefer the Army kit/DEUs.

I know my element wont have any impact on anything other then the kit I wear and that it is all a numbers game for filling each element within purple trades, I just want to get everything sorted out before I start of my new trade as an administrative burden...

Cheers

Back