• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Election 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
FSTO said:
Did my civic duty today.

Did mine too. Remembered the times when we didn't get early relief to do it.

I did my duty as well. 5 minutes from entering the hall till done. I made a point of thanking all the folks working there. I'm not sure if they are paid or volunteers but it was well run and slick (of course it helped I was the only one voting at the time  :salute:

I thanked everyone at the poll station as well. No harm in being polite and respectful.
I voted in the advance polls and was in/out within 20min.

Hamish Seggie said:
Same. The lady at the polling station had an attractive......oh never mind.  ;D

I voted is all I'm saying.

You really have to stop going around in that state Jim........just sayin'....... ;D

Hamish Seggie said:

An attractive what?  The public needs to know!  ;D

Hamish Seggie said:

Now I'll never know where / how to vote......oh never mind.  :warstory:

OldTanker said:
I did my duty as well. 5 minutes from entering the hall till done. I made a point of thanking all the folks working there. I'm not sure if they are paid or volunteers but it was well run and slick (of course it helped I was the only one voting at the time  :salute:

They are all paid workers. My wife is a Deputy Returning Officer here in Kingston and she's making around $17 dollars an hour. Poll clerks, Information Officers and Polling Aides make anywhere from $13-16 dollars an hour based on position.

http://elections.ca/content2.aspx?section=job&dir=pos&document=index&lang=e

I voted at 515 PM, London West. Polling station was a ghost town, maybe 4 or 5 people in there voting. One entrance to the parking lot was blocked off by construction, so the only entrance was the southbound lanes of a very clogged divided arterial road. I suspect many people chose to not even try to turn around in that traffic to vote, and still be home within a reasonable time after voting.

Well, it's shaping up, as expected, to be a Liberal landslide in Atlantic Canada. At 2020 Hrs (Eastern) they are leading in 32 of 32 seats.

I am headed to the Wine Keller to await the eventuality that will lead to the CAF becoming the modern army of Grand Fenwick.

oh my.... will it continue into Upper Canada...

ihatemondays.jpg

If you check the Elections Canada page, they show that the current stats are based on less than 800,000 voters (of a possible 25.6 mil registered voters). The only things we can tell so far is that the East Coast is red.

I went to the polling station around 7PM local time.
It was fairly busy and I had to wait in line. 
The person I spoke to informed me they had been busy all day -a considerable turnout.

Unfortunately, in this town there is not one -not one election sign on peoples' lawns that doesn't have Niki Ashton's mug on it. This is a pretty safe riding for her and I'm confident my vote is wasted.
But, wasted or not, the deed is done. Maybe I can start hollering for proportional representation...

Sadly I fear the only ones in blue who'll win tonight are the Jays.

Vox populi vox dei.

The Latin translates to either the voice of the people is the voice of God, or possibly to my god, what do the people want?

The regional projections for Conservative success in Atlantic Canada were never great.  Unfortunately, it looks like Mulcair's pro-liberty position on the niqab cost the NDP heavily.

Brad Sallows said:
The regional projections for Conservative success in Atlantic Canada were never great.  Unfortunately, it looks like Mulcair's pro-liberty position on the niqab cost the NDP heavily.

Except for Peter Stouffer, for me there's nothing unfortunate about the Dippers lawn darting.  Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back