• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Educational Requirement for Special Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl87

Inactive
Reaction score
The minimum requirement for an infantry soldier is grade 10 completed , do the more elite units such as CSOR require a higher education ?

Theoretically no, but applying for and entering the forces with minimum educational requirements will nearly always mean you are a less competitive candidate in any selection process.  It can also mean you could have more difficulty on certain courses in whatever trade you choose because of a les strong educational background.  All of this could end up costing you that chance to be a CANSOFCOM soldier when the opportunity presents itself.

I would suggest completing high school first.  If nothing else it gives you that to fall back on if the plan to be a soldier doesn't work out.

Also just as a quick note, make sure you check the prerequisites for the positions your applying to, esepcially since your still in highschool!  I finished about 5 years ago (grade 12 diploma) and found out back in Decemeber that i was missing a gr. 12 university prep chemisrty for my trade.  So I'm doing that now before I can get on with my application.

I'm interested in infantry and would like in the future to apply for special operations , I'm sure I'll be fine for my trade.

Karl87 said:
I'm interested in infantry and would like in the future to apply for special operations , I'm sure I'll be fine for my trade.

My my, aren't we confident?

you misread what I meant, I was merely saying that I'm confident in the fact that I don't require any more educational prerequisites to become a soldier , although I don't blame you for mistaking it for getting into special forces (because there are hundreds cocky and stupid enough to say so).

Original question has been addressed.  Locked to avoid any further tangents based on interpretations.

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back