• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

EDUCATION

Status
Not open for further replies.
WoutWarningWoutRemorse said:
Well thank you very much for restoring my faith in the kindness/intelligence of others.

Ok, as someone who tried to provide some advice through 3 posts in this thread, that comment pissed me off. I am actually in the process of accomplishing much of what your theoretical plan proposes. You do not have to accept the advice given to you here but to turn around and call into question the intelligence or motivations of the people that took time out of their day to give you some free life advice is frankly just ignorant. An honest answer is the best sort of kindness that there is.

Go through my post history, I don't get mad very often/ever on this forum...

PS. I got a 161 on my LSAT and have a 3.0 from U of T, I can easily get into law school. Also I run the 100 in 9.7 and no fridge.\

Good for you. I have a 3 year college diploma, a degree from U of T, a commercial pilots license, add I am working my way through a MA and a MBA, finished my OPME's (with honors) and numerous courses through the CF. Throw in that I actually go to work and find time to compete in adventure races in my spare time. I think I kind of know what I'm talking about when it comes to balancing school and work but at the end of the day the only measure of my success that I hold myself to is my ability to perform my chosen profession and that is something that I strive every day to improve.

Everyone in the CF works extremely hard balancing work with the rest of their life and may, just possibly, have some idea what they are talking about.

[/rant]

Scott said:
I notice you conveniently snipped out the other very important information your newfound saviour posted for you.

And with your other little digs I am now convinced this isn't going to end well unless you get the exact answers that you desire, and that you might just be a troll.

Good luck.

What is all this troll business. All I want is someone who know what they are talking about to provide some basic information.  No for people who are unable to do thing themselves to tell others they cant do it.

I think that when i was young it was easy for people, given my special personal circumstances, to say that i couldn't finish high school.  Then it was even easier for people to say that getting into university was very diffucult not to mention one, if the not the, best ones in Canada. Then it was easy to say that I couldnt get three majors. But sorry to say I did it. If this angers people they can hate all they want and call me an instigator and or troll, if my success and ambition angers you or make you look bad, its non of my business.

All ive been asking for is if there are in existence for continuing eduction in the forces, i dont care if there is only 1 in 100 or 1000 who get in, as long as there is a will and an opportunity there is a way. But other than the last guy everyone has been saying no its near impossible, it doesnt exist, pick one or the other, work work work, etc.  I just dont understand what one loses saying that ya there is this programme available, at the end of the day i will see how hard/competitive/time consuming it is.

I didnt snip out his other comments out of convenience just they dont pertain to what this threads intention is.

Once again i thank and welcome all those who tell me about possibilities not how hard life and reality is and the improbabilities of success (thats just a given fact of life which should be implied)

What is all this troll business? All I want is someone who knows what they are talking about to provide some basic information.  Not for people who are unable to do something themselves to tell others they can't do it.
1)  Fixed all that for you
2)  Several people, with extensive on-the-job experience AND educational qualifications, have shared advice with you here.  YOU'RE the one asking about what the military is about, so THEY'RE not the ones "who are unable to do something themselves" - they've done it, you haven't yet.

Just a friendly warning about broad brush attacks ....

Milnet.ca Staff

I take it "English", Writing, nor Communications were included in that triple major you received?

You've asked for informaiton from those that know, I think if you click on the names of the people show have posted(excluding myself) you'll quickly realize that they ARE on the know and combined have over 100 years of experience in the Canadian forces.

But I will say this.  You WILL have to give in on something if you want to achieve all the things you want.  Most likely to attain everything you want in life it will be family/friends.  Please take this with a grain of salt, I know many people that have completed a Master and PHD.  They did both full time and it took combined about 4-6 years total. 

What you shoudl take away from this is this:
Doing military training is a Full time job, if you have time to study, it will be for your military career courses.  Once you are trade qualified you may have the options available to pursue higher education external to the military but your work will always be required to come first.  Doing a Master part time is always an option, however it may not fit into your life's plan as it can take up to 10 years to complete. The same would be for completing a PHD.

Please also note that "paper" education is not the ONLY type of education you can receive.  Education can come from so many different forms it is unbelievable.  Life gives you education each and every day, if you choose to accept it.

WWWR - you just got "schooled". This was an easy one.

BTW - your name is interesting  - do you have aspirations of becoming a sniper?

SentryMAn said:
I take it "English", Writing, nor Communications were included in that triple major you received?

You've asked for informaiton from those that know, I think if you click on the names of the people show have posted(excluding myself) you'll quickly realize that they ARE on the know and combined have over 100 years of experience in the Canadian forces.

But I will say this.  You WILL have to give in on something if you want to achieve all the things you want.  Most likely to attain everything you want in life it will be family/friends.  Please take this with a grain of salt, I know many people that have completed a Master and PHD.  They did both full time and it took combined about 4-6 years total. 

What you shoudl take away from this is this:
Doing military training is a Full time job, if you have time to study, it will be for your military career courses.  Once you are trade qualified you may have the options available to pursue higher education external to the military but your work will always be required to come first.  Doing a Master part time is always an option, however it may not fit into your life's plan as it can take up to 10 years to complete. The same would be for completing a PHD.

Please also note that "paper" education is not the ONLY type of education you can receive.  Education can come from so many different forms it is unbelievable.  Life gives you education each and every day, if you choose to accept it.

Great comment and thanks you. Sorry I didn't know my posts were getting marked for style, syntax and grammar and or spelling. I will try harder.

Al thought I greatly appreciate your, as well as the experience of others who have posted, in all honesty my question was more on the eductional side of things not on the CF side.  I know this seems nonsensical and or counter-intuitive, but although you may have served 50 years or more in the CF if you have not tried to do what I am trying to do your answer/comments are not "on point". Although I greatly appreciate the input it isn't helping with THIS current issue im having.

Also it's great that members and or their friends have done Master's/PHD, but how did they do it, for example the one thread mentioned MLTP, I would appreciate more feedback in this vein.

Once again thank you for all those who contribute, and nothing personal, just some comments are not pertinent to my INTENDED question.  If there has been ambiguity in this regard I take sole responsibility.

Thanks

Great comment and thanks you. Sorry I didn't know my posts were getting marked for style, syntax and grammar and or spelling. I will try harder.

Al thought I greatly appreciate your, as well as the experience of others who have posted, in all honesty my question was more on the eductional side of things not on the CF side.  I know this seems nonsensical and or counter-intuitive, but although you may have served 50 years or more in the CF if you have not tried to do what I am trying to do your answer/comments are not "on point".

Au contraire, mon ami!

Education is directly related to CF and the need of the organization. See *need of the organization*. The only thing posters are trying to say on this board is that, as your plan calls for, if you want to be a Legal Officer, be a Legal Officer and don't jump occupations because ultimately, the last thing troops want is a Platoon Comd who doesn't want to be a Platoon Comd, but a JAG instead. Your enthusiasm for the job will drop and the guys and girls you're trying to lead, will suffer because of that.

The CF isn't a way to get a free Ph.D. Sure to some select few, it is offered, but the goal of the CF is to adhere to the CFDS, not giving out Ph.Ds.

I really can't see this lad listening to anyone who doesn't just answer 'yes, you can" so I'm locking this up.
Bruce.
Staff

Oh, by the way, I'm a grade 9 dropout who would be mortified if all I had to show the world was your written skills. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back