• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Easter plans 2009

ENGINEERS WIFE

Inactive
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone's plans are for this Easter......

I will be having Easter dinner with my neighbors as all of our husbands are enjoying the all of the awesomeness and greatness that is Suffield in spring!!!

Thinking of all our troops serving throughout the world and also remembering all those who have given in all. Thank you  :cdn:  :cdnsalute:  :cdn:

Hope everyone has a good one.  :D

The kids and I are doing yard work this weekend - and purging all the stuff that's accumulated since we moved here for a little yard sale.  I'm working on bag #3 and box #2 for donation stuff too.  Sunday we'll do the easter egg hunt, and Monday I'm sleeping in and we can subsist on leftovers.

Well, I was going to be camping etc with mates at or near MT Mee. A couple of days of shooting, drinking, bon-fires, snags, dampers, rissoles, and boys being boys.

The rain has ended that plan for now.

Now plan B, just hanging out. Its still early here on Saturday, 0740 hrs. No doubt will still get a few rds down range sometime soon, the ritual of setting up Fig 11s, and tgt baloons at ranges to 400m.

I am off from work until the 19th, so looking forward to a break.

The cooler autumn weather has been a welcomed change. Lows now of around 19-20C at night, but still pushing 26-28C in the daytime.

OWDU

Personally I choose not to recognize easter, however the kids will have tiny chocolate eggs put around the house for them to find. My oldest son's birthday is on Wednesday so we are keeping this weekend minimalistic.

Working 12 hour nights all weekend..........if I catch that damn rabbit who took my last pancake. :clubinhand:

Turn 33 on Friday
Resurrect and start BMQ on Monday.

I think Jesus would approve.

Nice pics guys,

I don't celebrate Easter either but my grandma will be cooking a big turkey dinner for the family members that still live around these parts, so I drink to that.

Nothing washes down turkey and salt beef like a cold bubbly or 10.

Hubby sent me a chocolate bunny in a care package.  It's been staring me down for a month now, can't believe I've actually had the will-power to leave it alone for that long!!  But it's history tomorrow!!  Can't wait.  :bunny:

Planning on attending mass.  Then hunting for eggs, I suppose.  Other than that, nothing special.

And certainly none of this:  :bunny:

early church.....then family dinner here with Son #2 and his lovely wife and my in-laws.......and whoever else happens along  ;D

First off, Happy Easter to all downrange, headed there, or headed back.  Thoughts and prayers to those spending Easter without a loved one (for whatever reason) as well.

As for me,

Good Friday:  cooked up 25 individual pizzas for a party where the guests of honour were several (unrelated) people who shared the same birthday

Yesterday:  hung out with friends of the family for supper (brought almost five pounds of homemade bread for 10 people, and it was almost all gone by the end of the evening)

Today:  treating my best bud and his 9D some polenta with meat sauce (a bit of a different starch starter), roast lamb (my sweetie's recipe), roasted veg and wrapping up with a pannetone bread pudding and assorted cheeses

Tomorrow/Tuesday:  vegging before returning to work

Hubby is working a 48 hour shift. Son in A-stan. Other kids far away.  Going to write reports all day today. Thank God for meaningful work to keep me grounded and distracted.  Hugs to moms with kids overseas...

Back