• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Duel citizen, Canadian reserves? + other questions

tmckendry

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I've been considering joining the CF reserves and have been conducting research over the past few weeks. I have had trouble finding answers to the following questions and I hope I can find some answers here.

I have American and Canadian citizenship. I was born and raised in Canada. Will joining the Canadian reserves have any impact on my US citizenship? I realize this is not the embassy but I figured someone here has probably stumbled upon this situation before (Plus, dealing with the embassy is torture!).

I have a bcomm:finance degree. Is entering the reserves as a logistics officer plausible?

I play poker professionally and would like the freedom to spend 2-3 weeks every few months during events (WSOP/WPT/EPT etc.) without giving service. What are the minimum working requirements?

And before someone mentions it, I can't visit a recruitment office. Right now I'm living in San Diego.

Even though you can't visit an RC, I'd call the National Center if I were you as your questions are a little specific. Also, you should have an idea of what reserve unit you'd like to join and contact them as well.

I think this link would help you. It was posted a year ago, so it's probably still fresh.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/101913.0

Ref Dual US / Canadian Citizenship

I have it - no big deal - they ask about it on a Security Clearance renewal

tmckendry said:
Hello everyone. I've been considering joining the CF reserves and have been conducting research over the past few weeks. I have had trouble finding answers to the following questions and I hope I can find some answers here.

I have American and Canadian citizenship. I was born and raised in Canada. Will joining the Canadian reserves have any impact on my US citizenship? I realize this is not the embassy but I figured someone here has probably stumbled upon this situation before (Plus, dealing with the embassy is torture!).

I have a bcomm:finance degree. Is entering the reserves as a logistics officer plausible?

I play poker professionally and would like the freedom to spend 2-3 weeks every few months during events (WSOP/WPT/EPT etc.) without giving service. What are the minimum working requirements?

And before someone mentions it, I can't visit a recruitment office. Right now I'm living in San Diego.

Dual citizenship is not an issue at all. Neither country will care, there's plenty of dual citizens in.

BComm is find for a LogO.

As for time off, basically, you need to parade (work) once every 30 days - except during summer standdowns when units send people out on tasks. As long as you keep your chain of command in the loop you should be fine.

Back