• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

drums

echo

Inactive
Reaction score
im going to CL pipes & drums this year,and i was wondering what that drum with the tassle like drum beaters is called.
the one with those spinning tassles u see in the parades.
:confused:

thx to all who can help.

I‘m going to guess it‘s a tenor drum.
In competition, marks are awarded for keeping the drumsticks in motion while not looking down at the drum head.
I‘m not an objective observer, but my favourite tenor drummer has always been a red-haired chap from the 48th Highlanders of Canada - pure magic (and always a crowd pleaser)!

Snare is the one that sounds like a rifle shot ("rat-a-tat-tat") - drumsticks look like giant chopsticks, traditionally made from wood but synthetics are also now available.
Royal Marine bands owe their distinctive appearance to their custom of putting their massed snare drums up front - a literal drum line.

Bass is the big one that sounds like artillery ("boom") - drumsticks look like a mallet, drum is carried on the chest and bass drummer often wears a leopard skin - often nicknamed "Mother Thumper".

Dileas Gu Brath!

You gotta love that highland beat ! Bagpipes, gotta love those too ! I downloaded our regimental march, always good for a pick me up !!!! :D

Yes, it is the tenor drum. I believe that you have to learn both the tenor and the bass because they are basically the same thing.

Ask people in CLI if they remember Spearin. Tell them he is probably in Meaford doing his QL2! :D

Pipes rule!

Hey, Fus. I‘ve been looking for the regimental march. Where did you find it?

Can you send it to me at bedpanelemental@yahoo.com if it isn‘t too much of a hassle?

Here ya go

http://www.ducimus.com/Marches.htm

The Highland Laddie/Seann Triubhas, enjoy !

Back