• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Driver Corner Part 1

TN2IC said:
He was being a reckless driver. So I used my powers to go around him and protect my load. Could of been an IED....

I know it was in Halifax...but shhhhhhhh...
Uh huh, yup....Halifax is full of crazy drivers, reminds me of Damascus.
Hey, TN, been straight thru any left turn lanes recently????  Ask my brother about that one>>>>>>>  lum tee dum tee dum... ::)

241 said:
Yeah I was still stuck at the lights but the 2 in that ML felt it rock a little and then got out to see what happened...Once they saw a truck under the gun the det commander told the driver to check to see if the guy was ok....(He didn't wanna see a headless man) the driver found the guy laying across the seat with his cell phone out, he wouldn't let go of his cell phone and when the Ambulance got there he refused treatment...He was sitting in one of our vans when they where waiting for the police and Ambulance and some of the troops figure he was high on something....But like the det commander said during the news interview...."How do you miss a big green army truck and gun parked on the side of the road with its 4-ways on??"....Took 6 months or so to get the gun fixed....Minor repairs...Brake handles replace and some of the shields....I think they where waiting for the courts to settle it to see if buddies insurance was paying for it....

Ohhhhhhhhh. Expensiiiiiiive!!! Yet another reason why not to drive stoned.

BYT Driver said:
Uh huh, yup....Halifax is full of crazy drivers, reminds me of Damascus.

I dunno if you can compare Omayad circle to Halifax, though. 4 lanes of road, 8 lanes of traffic...and everyone keeping their fists on the horn  :-\

8 Lanes????  You must have been there when it became civilized?  In 2000 HFC was about 10 lanes.  All you had to remember was to keep moving and you'll be fine. Oh, and they now have traffic lights and police traffic officers.  Welcome to the 20th century... 8)

BYT Driver said:
Oh, and they now have traffic lights and police traffic officers.  Welcome to the 20th century... 8)

Police traffic officers, eh? To me that just sounds like they have more guys asking for Bak-shish ;)

Yeah, just more two legged traffic to worry about.
Ever try their version of KFC?  Sort of yummy, but not all cooked.
Too bad we don't go there anymore.
Definately a place where DDC comes in handy, but you need to learn how to drive offensively!!!
Horse drawn carts around a curve that you're pushing 120... :eek:
Aaahhh, Syrian drivers.

Never tried KFC, but I did frequent "Pizza Hot" registered  ;D, and "pizza hat", which had the same roof design logo, but with a flower on it, to make it look like headgear ;D

I do absolutely miss the Shwarma and felafels from over there, though. Humus and baklava, too.

Syrian drivers were horrible, though to be honest, most of Pol Bat's driving wasn't much better :p

Stop it, you're making my mouth water.  ;D
Aahh, and the smells!!!!!!
If you're ever in Kingston, there's a swarma place on Princess St. across from Philthy McNasters,  GREAT Swarmas, felafels, and Donairs.

OK, I've got to reply to some of the psots I've read on this thread since my post.

1. To TN2IC, your pet peeve about drivers slowing down before the 'off-ramp'. I have driven tractor trailer now for a little over 12 years. For the last 5, it's been fuel tankers. The last thing I'm going to do is throw 140,000 pounds of steel, aluminum and gasoline into a 30km/h corner from 100 in less than 200 meters. I want some brakes left at the end of the curve and the rubber still on the road.

2. CTD, You were commenting on a road move in Washington State. To be honest, those crazy hillbillies won't even slow down when the white stuff flies. So don't let their comments worry you. At least it ain't your name on the citation when smokey pulls him over at the bottom of the hill.

3. To all you that have pulled a gun on public roads, or for that matter, anything with an overhang. Regardless of what policy is, I'm hanging a red flag off the end. It'll be a lot easier to explain that to your CO than to fill out the paperwork and to clean up dead civvie off the barrel

4. BYT, when backing, longer is better. Move the bogies all the way to the back of the trailer and back it like it was meant to be backed. The farther forward the axles, the more it will beavertail on you.  Very very bad. Try backing a truck and pup fuel tanker combo, now thats a trick. It's basically an A-Train configuration.

I'm not rying to be a smartass here. My blood is as green as the rest of yours. I'm giving you some insight from a trucker with a great many miles under his belt here on the westcoast. If you're nervous behind the wheel,,,practice practice practice. Nothing breaks the fear faster than miles behind you. If you aren't comfortable behind the wheel,,,get out. You WILL hit something.

Best advice from my MT Sgt,,,,,,"Drive it like you stole it" 

Bulldog™ said:
3. To all you that have pulled a gun on public roads, or for that matter, anything with an overhang. Regardless of what policy is, I'm hanging a red flag off the end. It'll be a lot easier to explain that to your CO than to fill out the paperwork and to clean up dead civvie off the barrel

Not sure how much that would help our gun ligts are about 1' - 1.5' from the tip of the muzzle and there is a big reflector on the end of the muzzle cover...Any one that misses that in daylight shouldn't  be on the road to begin with...

BullDog I am refering to POMV's... I know what it is like in your shoes.

Cheers,
TN2IC

Back