• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dress code on arrival at CFLRS?

Evancai

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm leaving for Basic on the 8th and I read through the guide that the CFRC gives to you on what to wear when you arrive. It says that I MUST be clean shaven (ok whatever), a shirt WITH a collar and casual pants (that would mean no jeans, right?)

My question is... Are these rules stressed and aggressively enforced or can I just wear a decent t shirt and jeans?

I went to BMQ in the Borden section of CFLRS and don't recall the instructions at the time. To save myself aggravation I wore what I wore at enrollment which was non-jeans and a collared button-up shirt. (Not a golf shirt) Upon arrival many people were wearing jeans, but I suggest you just save yourself potential problems by wearing what the instructions say. You will have more casual clothes in your suitcase in the hope of receiving potential weekends off anyway and can change into them upon arrival if permitted. We actually ended up spending our first 3 days in civilian clothes doing other things before uniform issue. So to sum it up again, just do what the instructions say.

Lets see, you were given instructions on what to wear and you are asking if you can disobey those orders.  You better get used to following fairly simple instructions, you don't want to start your career as a marked man because you did not follow orders.

I was simply asking if this is a rule/rules that they let slide a little bit. But I guess not. Thanks for the answer.

Evancai said:
I'm leaving for Basic on the 8th and I read through the guide that the CFRC gives to you on what to wear when you arrive. It says that I MUST be clean shaven (ok whatever), a shirt WITH a collar and casual pants (that would mean no jeans, right?)

My question is... Are these rules stressed and aggressively enforced or can I just wear a decent t shirt and jeans?

CDNAIRFORCE said:
I went to BMQ in the Borden section of CFLRS and don't recall the instructions at the time. To save myself aggravation I wore what I wore at enrollment which was non-jeans and a collared button-up shirt. (Not a golf shirt) Upon arrival many people were wearing jeans, but I suggest you just save yourself potential problems by wearing what the instructions say. You will have more casual clothes in your suitcase in the hope of receiving potential weekends off anyway and can change into them upon arrival if permitted. We actually ended up spending our first 3 days in civilian clothes doing other things before uniform issue. So to sum it up again, just do what the instructions say.

831349_700b.jpg

Let me make this very simple and very clear so there is no mistake:

Do WHAT you are told, WHEN you are told, HOW you are told.

That is the "quick ref for ANYTHING at BMQ".  No BS.

It is just that simple,  so keep it that simple.

Yes.  I've worked as an Instr on courses including CFLRS.  :2c:

Don't listed to the naysayers and fuddy duddys!!  You will be perfectly fine in skinny Jeans and a T-shirt.  Try to find the one that looks like a tuxedo.

tuxedo-t-shirt.jpg

In fact, throw on a do rag, as this will compliment the whole look.  Unfortunately, it is too cold for sandals, but a nice pair of UGGs would do the trick too.

You go there, and wow them!!

Eye In The Sky said:
Let me make this very simple and very clear so there is no mistake:

Do WHAT you are told, WHEN you are told, HOW you are told.

That is the "quick ref for ANYTHING at BMQ".  No BS.

It is just that simple,  so keep it that simple.

Yes.  I've worked as an Instr on courses including CFLRS.  :2c:

Ok. Got it.

Evancai said:

That guide is just that, a guide.  Go ahead and wear what ever you want.  The more casual the better, be comfortable.  It will help you get noticed for sure.  It always helps get noticed in basic so they know who they can count on.

Evancai said:

Not sure exactly what you are reading? In the joining instructions I was givin it reads the following:

Shirt and/or sweater, clean pants and shoes (comfortable clothes) and cleaned shaved.

Copied from CFLRS website:

When you show up at CFLRS, you must wear appropriate and comfortable clothes to be able to walk long distances when conducting your arrival procedures. The following types of clothing are strongly recommended: 

Male candidates: Shirt and/or sweater, clean pants and shoes (comfortable clothes), and clean shaved.
Female candidates: Blouse and pants, shoes (comfortable clothes) "Platform and high heels" shoes and not allowed.

I strongly recommend you acquire on of these to wear;  http://www.amazon.com/The-Mountain-Three-Short-Sleeve/dp/B002HJ377A  .  The instructors will be so awed, you will immediately be advanced to a week 6 platoon, and become immune to jackings up  (jacking ups?).  The customer reviews have many useful tips to unleashing it's awesome power.

Kat Stevens said:
I strongly recommend you acquire on of these to wear;  http://www.amazon.com/The-Mountain-Three-Short-Sleeve/dp/B002HJ377A  .  The instructors will be so awed, you will immediately be advanced to a week 6 platoon, and become immune to jackings up  (jacking ups?).  The customer reviews have many useful tips to unleashing it's awesome power.
Not that there's anything wrong with showing up wearing this, right?

Eye In The Sky said:
It is allowed and encouraged in the CAF of today.  :D

Insert joke about EME school PT gear?  >:D

Back