• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DP1 Infantry

Pte.Shrubb

Inactive
Reaction score
I was wondering if someone had the teaching points or the schedule for Dp1. I have been searching for a little while for them but i have had no luck. If anyone has them would they be kind enough to post them or PM them to me.

Thanks,

Pte.Shrubb

I have had a similar lack of success in finding information on CAP and would also appreciate receiving the information via PM or posted.  ( I have limited availability to DIN).

Thanks.

Hey, while i can't tell you exactly what the PO's are( I forget :-\) I can refer you to a site, that will tell you everything that you are supposed to know by the end of your course.  It's the Infantry BTS(Battle Task Standard) Pam.  It doesn't cover everything, like you will also have to memorize your armoured fighting vehicles (i.e tanks, APC, ect.) You'll do a lot of platoon attacks ;D, obstacle crossing, more fieldcraft blah blah.  Well, good luck on your course buddy, it can be a really fun course.  I'll get back to you if i can find my note book form that course, so I can give you the actual PO's and EO's

The Link for the Infantry BTS  http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/ael/pubs/300-008/B-GL-383/002/PT-015/B-GL-383-002-PT-015.pdf

:cdn:

I hope it is not inapropriate for me to post this but I don't give much detail so I think it's OK.

Unfortunately the schedule for the CAP course is not available, or at least I haven't been able to find it (I do however have the scheduel for phase III infantry officer) .  However the following is covered on CAP (straight from the DIN):
PO 101 Offensive Operations (ie section attacks)
PO 102 Defensive Operations (ie trenches)
PO 103 Patrolling
PO 105 Conduct live fire range
PO 106 Fire the C7
PO 107 Map and compass navigation
PO 108 Navigation with GPS
PO 109 Conduct PT
PO 110 Fieldcraft
PO 111 Fire the C9
PO 112 Throw grenades
PO 114 Mine awareness
PO 115 Operate radio equipment
PO 116 Fire the 9 mm pistol
PO 117 Call for indirect fire

As far as I can remember from my CAP (summer 05) I had no exams (PO checks) on any of the following: PO 108, 109, 112, 114 and 117.  For the grenades it's all a practical test, actually throwing grenades.

Cheers
Inf Off

Whats the scheduel for Phase III, I'll be there summer 06 as well

vita per veneratio said:
I'll get back to you if i can find my note book form that course, so I can give you the actual PO's and EO's

...you got a notebook? I never did, and I was in your section... :-\

If you remember correctly, I was given the course schedule.  I guess notebook was the wrong word, my apologies

True, true...

Advice for those going on their DP1. Photocopy the course schedule and hand it out to the rest of your buddies. From what I learnt it can avoid a bit of frustration... ;D

Dad said he was going to get me all the information i will need...thanks for the help

Hey Shrubb,

I'm on my DP1 right now and this is what we have scheduled for the first 3 weeks:

Week 1: M203 and Carl Gustav training with handling tests
Week 2: Fire the M203 and Carl Gustav; Vehicle Recognition; Regimental History
Week 3: CQC (Close Quarter Combat)

If I have time I'll get the rest of the schedule and post it. I know that we're in the field for week 6 and week 8. I'll grab the schedule though and post it for you as soon as I get a chance. Cheers.

thanks alot...is that the Reg Force or Reserve schedule?...is there any difference between the two?

Pte.Shrubb said:
thanks alot...is that the Reg Force or Reserve schedule?...is there any difference between the two?

Reading his profile reveals "Regular Force Infantry".

Bradboy said:
Hey Shrubb,

I'm on my DP1 right now and this is what we have scheduled for the first 3 weeks:

Week 1: M203 and Carl Gustav training with handling tests
Week 2: Fire the M203 and Carl Gustav; Vehicle Recognition; Regimental History
Week 3: CQC (Close Quarter Combat)

If I have time I'll get the rest of the schedule and post it. I know that we're in the field for week 6 and week 8. I'll grab the schedule though and post it for you as soon as I get a chance. Cheers.

Mate, I don't think you should be publically posting such info, remember this is a public forum seen by any idiot with a computer anywhere in the world. PM the guy if you wanna tell him.

As far as I am concerned you have already spilled your guts too much.

Sorry for pisssing on your parade, but think before you post.

However, this is only my opoinion, and should you wanna blab to the world what is the current CTS/CTP on the course you are on to the generic public, fill your boots

Cheers,

Wes

I don't think it's a surprise to anyone that Canadian Infantrymen are learning how to use 84's or M203's. But I see what you're saying and next time I'll pm the guy.

Shrubb I'm on leave until tomorrow so it'll be a couple of days before I get the info to yah.

Hey,
If any one could PM me about reserve DP1 course info that would be great.

Fabius said:
Whats the scheduel for Phase III, I'll be there summer 06 as well

The updated time table is out for DP 1.1  Look on the DIN and get ready for a good time. Don't forget the pre course package

Ask your chain of command for reliable information regarding the POs for DP 1 Infantry course.

Can anybody at infantry school tell me the average time you wait for your infantry officer training to start at Gagetown ?

Berenguei said:
Can anybody at infantry school tell me the average time you wait for your infantry officer training to start at Gagetown ?

Without more info, that question is impossible to answer.  If you are in H3 right now, I would imagine that it starts as soon as you wake up in the morning.  If you are at RMC, I would imagine that you would be notified before Classes and Exams are over.  If you are in a Reserve Unit, you should be notified sometime in March or April as to what your dates are.  If you are a Civilian, anyone's guess could do.  So.....Which answer, to what situation, many of which have not even been mentioned, would you like?

Back